The Old Control Data Institute

chuck

Aug 10, 2004, 3:32:07 PM8/10/04
Anyone know what happened to the 'academic' records of CDI students??

Scott Dorsey

Aug 10, 2004, 3:49:27 PM8/10/04
In article <ef48d760.04081...@posting.google.com>,

chuck <newsp...@mn.rr.com> wrote:
>Anyone know what happened to the 'academic' records of CDI students??

Depends on the state. In Ohio, for example, one would go to:
http://scr.ohio.gov/transcripts.htm and order the records from the
state.

I spent a fall teaching COBOL at CDI and it was sort of an odd place.
Certainly the students were a lot more interested in the subject than
my university students were...
--scott

Mark Riordan

Sep 2, 2004, 9:48:05 AM9/2/04
Anyone have an idea of how many Control Data Institute locations
there were? In high school, our programming class used to use
the CDC 3300 at the Southfield, MI CDI after hours in 1973-1974.
We ignored the huge 6600 on the other side of the room.

Our math/computer teacher in high school was also an instructor
at CDI--his high school teacher salary couldn't support his
large family. (He also had a part-time programming job at
Blue Cross/Blue Shield--a busy guy.) That was how the high
school hooked up with Control Data Institute.

Mark R

"chuck" <newsp...@mn.rr.com> wrote in message

damico

Mar 18, 2005, 2:47:02 PM3/18/05
I am also looking for old transcripts. I live in CA and have had no luck
with the state. My other option is to find the curriculum for 1976 for
the programming certificate. Any ideas? reply to pres...@damicoweb.com

emme...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2016, 2:34:34 PM1/20/16
On Tuesday, August 10, 2004 at 12:32:07 PM UTC-7, chuck wrote:
> Anyone know what happened to the 'academic' records of CDI students??

In Oregon, the school was attached to Western Business College, now Western Business University, in Portland OR. I was able to get a transcript from them in 2010.

Emmet Jones

drobin...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2020, 3:56:09 PM7/23/20
Same here -- trying to find out how to get my transcripts from CDI - I had them at one time but after moving a couple of time, "who knows". I attended at the CDI facility in Los Angeles, Arbor Vitae (close to LAX) and completed the Computer Technology course (2 years - 4-5 night). It was very good and learned a lot about compilers, Assembler/COBOL/RPG Coding languages. Had a significant number of credit hours and need to get them somehow.