Chippewa Labs Rollcall, June-December 1964

Douglas H. Quebbeman

Apr 20, 2002, 4:05:37 PM4/20/02
The subject says it all...

What's the rollcall of employees at the Chippewa Labs
in the June to December 1964 period? I think I can be
sure of:

* Seymour Cray
* Dave Cahlander

or I am already wrong, with Dave being at Arden Hills?

Goal: Looking for a list of people who worked on the
initial version of the Chippewa Operating System (the
one known as the November Reference version).

Thanks,
-doug quebbeman

Jim Stockard

Apr 20, 2002, 6:29:03 PM4/20/02

Apr 21, 2002, 12:06:14 PM4/21/02
I contacted John Pearson, and got the following response to the question:

> In '64 there were only 3 software types at the lab beside Seymour: Garner
McCrossen (RIP)
> (FORTRAN Compiler), Bob Allen (Mathematical Subroutines) and Tom Ammerman
(Utilities?).
> Seymour did most of the operating system. If you can contact Greg
Mansfield he might have a

--
Jim Stockard
j...@spamcop.net

mmccr...@arletak8.net

Jun 30, 2014, 5:01:00 PM6/30/14
My dad, Garner McCrossen was the main FORTRAN programmer from what I've been told (other than Seymour). I had lunch with Les Davis, Edna Bunn, and Verene Cray last year (2013) and Les is a gold mine of early Cray history.

Please do not use the email address above. pdxmelinda @ comcast.net is best.