Dial-up BBS

J.B. Wood

Apr 1, 2019, 6:48:36 AM4/1/19
Hello, all. Is anyone still operating a dial-in BBS for CBM platforms
(presumably out of a love for retro things)? Is there a list of working
phone numbers available? My C-64 is still fully operational along with
2 1541 disk drives. (No, that's not my everyday computer.) Might be
nice to fire up that 1670 modem once again that I used for so long with
Q-Link/AOL. Thanks for your time and comment. Sincerely,
--
J. B. Wood e-mail: arl_1...@hotmail.com

Ron Lauzon

Apr 1, 2019, 1:51:35 PM4/1/19
https://www.telnetbbsguide.com/

While most are available via Telnet or SSH, some have real phone lines.

As another option, you can get one of these for your C64:
http://www.cbmstuff.com/proddetail.php?prod=WiModemOLED
which will let you access Telnet BBSs from your C64.

Crackerjak

Apr 1, 2019, 3:57:15 PM4/1/19
Try Reign of Fire BBS. Telnet rofbbs.cnetbbs.net:2300 dialup (931)/494-9100
If you have Skypix, he has that enabled as well.
c4ึฤฤท ท  ท
บ าฤทึฤทึฤทบึ ึฤทาฤท ทึฤทบึ
บ บ ึฤถบ วะทวฤฝบ บึฤถวะท
ำฤฤฝะ ำฤะำฤฝะ ะำฤฝะ บำฤะะ ะ

rber...@iglou.com

Apr 2, 2019, 12:42:43 AM4/2/19
Cottonwood/Borderline BBS should still be going at

1-951-652-1690

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
April 27-28 Commodore Los Angeles Super Show - http://www.portcommodore.com/class
June 8-9 Pacific Commodore Expo NW - http://www.portcommodore.com/pacommex
August 10-11 Commodore Vegas Expo v15 - http://www.portcommodore.com/commvex

J.B. Wood

Apr 2, 2019, 6:33:25 AM4/2/19
Hello, and my thanks to Robert B. and others for the info. Sincerely,

KrUpTiOn

Apr 4, 2019, 9:35:41 AM4/4/19

On Apr 1st 7:49 am J.B. Wood said...

JW> Hello, all. Is anyone still operating a dial-in BBS for CBM platforms
JW> (presumably out of a love for retro things)? Is there a list of working
JW> phone numbers available? My C-64 is still fully operational along with 2
JW> 1541 disk drives. (No, that's not my everyday computer.) Might be nice
JW> to fire up that 1670 modem once again that I used for so long with

I'm setting up my modem line this week, I'll post the number here when I get it
operational! :)

KrUpTiOn

Apr 4, 2019, 9:35:41 AM4/4/19

On Apr 1st 4:35 pm Crackerjak said...

Cr> Try Reign of Fire BBS. Telnet rofbbs.cnetbbs.net:2300 dialup
Cr> (931)/494-9100 If you have Skypix, he has that enabled as well.
c4╓──╖
Cr> ╖ ■ ╖ ║ ╥─╖╓─╖╓─╖║╓
╓─╖╥─╖ ╖╓─╖║╓ ║ ║ ╓─╢║

SOON as I fix my two modems, your BBS will be the first/test one I call! :)

Thierry64

Apr 7, 2019, 10:10:41 PM4/7/19
67 commodore bbs online

http://cbbsoutpost.servebbs.com/index.php

regards

Thierry

Grant Weasner

Dec 4, 2022, 5:20:05 PM12/4/22
Have you tried connecting to cottwoodbbs lately?
I tried 12/3/2022 with a connect error, which means the BBS is offline.

I'm wondering if anyone has a status of BALBAZAAR and his systems?

... There is an exception to every rule, except this one.