Red light and motor stay on in my old 1541 disk drive

Juhani Jaakola

Mar 9, 2010, 6:42:14 AM3/9/10
I tried my Commodore 1541 disk drive after it has been in my attic
unused for years. The green light and red light and the spindle motor
turn on when I power up without the computer connection. Shouldn't the
red light and motor turn off after two seconds? In my case they just
stay on!

The drive does not work when I connect it to computer. The red light
and motor just keep going...

I have read http://personalpages.tds.net/~rcarlsen/cbm/fix1541.txt by
Ray Carlsen. I have PCB # 1540050. I have measured that I have 5V and
12V on diodes CR2 and CR4. I have lifted ICs UB4, UC4 and UC2 up and
pushed them back down in order to fix any contact issues. I looked at
UA1 and UD2 and I can't see visually any damage.

Is there anything else I could do?

JPPBM

Mar 10, 2010, 1:44:38 AM3/10/10

For Drive motor running continuously & RED LED staying ON....Check you
have+12V & check the 6502 (Swap it out with a know working one from
another drive) One of these is the most likly cause... if not then
there are a few Logic gates that support that 6502 that may be sending
it the bad signal...

DMackey828

Mar 18, 2010, 1:59:36 PM3/18/10

I had the same problem on a 41' I picked up. It may also be one of the
CIA chips. Switch them around. There's 2 of them, if the problem goes
away, on of the chips is bad..

Samanta tanzeem

Jan 24, 2024, 3:48:54 AMJan 24

✅🔴▶️▶ Really Amazing ️You Can Try This ◀️◀️🔴✅

✅▶️▶️ CLICK HERE Full HD✅720p✅1080p✅4K✅

WATCH ✅💻📺📱👉https://co.fastmovies.org

ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ ✅📺📱💻👉https://co.fastmovies.org

🔴WATCH>>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>>LINK>👉https://co.fastmovies.org