Can the SSv4 be upgraded to SSv5.2?

Ritchie

Dec 24, 2002, 2:14:41 PM12/24/02
Hi,

I was wondering if the my SSv4 can be Upgraded to v5.2 by a rom upgrade?

Just kinda hoping the hardware was basically the same but maybe a RAM and
ROM replacement
with a couple of trackcuts/links. I know there was an upgrade path for v4
owners but I dont know
if the cartridge was changed or the internals modded.

I'm happy with my v4, but my prommer and iron are sitting idle....... 8-)

Happy Holiday season!! <----Politically correct for non christian beliefs.
;-)

Ritchie.

Spam Filter On!
Please Include nospam in the subject.
cree...@hotmail.com

Jim

Dec 24, 2002, 10:28:22 PM12/24/02
On Tue, 24 Dec 2002 19:14:41 GMT, "Ritchie" <cree...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
Nope... Sorry was a completely different circuitboard layout...
I know, i still have both Carts

Ritchie

Dec 25, 2002, 9:44:00 PM12/25/02
Thanks Jim,

Ah well, I'll just have to buy a ssv5 cart.

I still need to solder something. 8-) Anyone got schematics for a plain 16k
Games cart?

"Jim" <j...@nowhere.com> wrote in message