C128DCR: Switching off the internal drive

Martin Brunner

Feb 23, 2021, 3:24:34 PM2/23/21
I have a 1541-Ultimate and sometimes would like to load things from there.

So we decided to add a switch to the ATN-Line of the internal drive. It
is now possible to switch it off.

But demos like Goatlight, Comaland, Modern Love Classics or Games like
Habitat still won't work.

They will work if you use a tool called STFU for switching off the
internal drive: https://csdb.dk/release/?id=160842

However, I'd like to have a hardware switch. So where can i really
switch the internal drive off, to make this demos work from the
1451-Ultimate?

Pete Rittwage

Mar 11, 2021, 6:27:13 PM3/11/21
Probably you'd need to switch off one or more of the other lines, as the fast loaders may use them and interfere. CLK and DATA, maybe at last resort, RST.

--
Pete Rittwage
https://c64preservation.com

Richard Menedetter

Aug 3, 2021, 5:20:18 PM8/3/21
Hi Martin!

23 Feb 2021 21:24, from Martin Brunner -> All:

MB> I have a 1541-Ultimate and sometimes would like to load things from
MB> there.

Take a look at this:
https://www.bartsplace.net/content/publications/devicemanager128.shtml

CU, Ricsi

... Cat Rule #72: There's no such thing as a "bad" time for a nap.

Bolloy Benders Family

Aug 6, 2021, 1:54:22 AM8/6/21
On Tue, 03 Aug 2021 22:19:38 +1200,
nospam.Richa...@f31.n310.z2.fidonet.org (Richard Menedetter)
wrote:
When you boot up the 128D then hold down the C= (commodore key) to
boot in C64 & 1541 disk drive mode. If you type GO64 then simply type
10 open 15,8,15
20 print#15,"U0>M0"
30 close 15
run