Amiga floppy issues

Ginger1

Jan 5, 2024, 4:20:18 PMJan 5
Hi all,

Trying my luck with an Amiga issue on this C= echo.

I'm having issues with formatting (nevermind writing to or reading from)
floppies on my 1200.

I've basically stiffed the internal drive. Now, trying to format a floppy in my
external drive...I get a consistent "Couldn't format Cylinder 0" error. The
floppies in question were very well cared for and previously working fine - and
it is happening across all of them.

I'm worried I have somehow fried the drive logic on the motherboard, as I was
previously having the same issue on the internal drive (leading to my ill-fated
repair attempts.)

Any ideas or suggestions much appreciated!

Robert Bernardo

Jan 6, 2024, 2:09:48 AMJan 6
Until the internal disk drive was replaced in my A600, I used an external disk drive.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group - http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network - http://www.portcommodore.com/sccan

Felice Murolo

Jan 7, 2024, 12:20:14 PMJan 7
On 05-01-2024 20:07:20, Ginger1 writes:

> Hi all,
> Trying my luck with an Amiga issue on this C= echo.
> I'm having issues with formatting (nevermind writing to or reading from)
> on my 1200.
> I've basically stiffed the internal drive. Now, trying to format a floppy
> my external drive...I get a consistent "Couldn't format Cylinder 0" error.
> floppies in question were very well cared for and previously working fine
> and it is happening across all of them.
> I'm worried I have somehow fried the drive logic on the motherboard, as I
> previously having the same issue on the internal drive (leading to my
> repair attempts.)
> Any ideas or suggestions much appreciated!

Hi, it seems like a High Density - Low-Density problem.
Try covering the little window on the right with some tape.

Ciao.
Felix