Re: TPUG presents: World of Commodore 2006!

Jim Butterfield

Nov 10, 2006, 2:03:52 PM11/10/06
On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 12:04:08 -0500, "Leif Bloomquist" wrote:

>http://www.tpug.ca/woc/

... re World of Commodore, Toronto, December 2, 2006 ...

I'll be there (I'm on the program), but my attendance may be a little
restricted.

I'm currently undergoing chemotherapy, and it's likely that I will be
counselled to keep my hours of attendance down to something like four
hours or so.

NO CAUSE FOR CONCERN - I'm not an invalid or otherwise incapacitated;
those stories you hear about side effects of chemo don't apply in my
case. (Well, you can come and see what I look like with my hair
greatly thinned out, if you promise not to snicker.)

But my white cell count will be low, so you gotta promise not to
sneeze on me. And the chemicals they dump in me may slow me a little,
but they won't shut me up, not even slightly.

As we get closer to the date (and we're not that far off already), I
may be able to work out with the organizers what would be the best
time slot to be there. But I will be there fer sure, fer sure.

--Jim

Robert Bernardo

Nov 10, 2006, 4:27:01 PM11/10/06
On Fri, 10 Nov 2006, Jim Butterfield wrote:

> I'll be there (I'm on the program), but my attendance may be a little
> restricted.
>
> I'm currently undergoing chemotherapy, and it's likely that I will be
> counselled to keep my hours of attendance down to something like four
> hours or so.

Take care, Jim. You are one of the heroes of the Commodore world.

Sincerely,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug

Kimm...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2006, 6:10:06 PM11/10/06

I second that.
I sadly and fondly miss the old PET and TPUG days.
I really really do miss them.
And I really miss your leadership in those days Jim.
Best of health...hope you are feeling ok.

Gil

KilrPilr

Nov 10, 2006, 7:50:27 PM11/10/06
Hi Jim,
Wish I could be there this year to visit with you again like at WoC 2004.
It was great to finally meet you and its something ill always be greatful
of. Just be sure to look after yourself so the next time I can make it to
one of these shindigs, you will be there! :)

--
Leo
Im looking for Commodore 64/Vic20 Cartridges! Got any? Check out my

"Jim Butterfield" <fjb_AT_pathcom_DOT_com> wrote in message

pablot

Nov 10, 2006, 8:34:59 PM11/10/06
Hi Jim,

I want to let you know that you have people all over the world that
admire you, myself for example from Argentina. I wish I could go to WOC
2006 but I cannot.

Just take care Jim.

Pablo

Cameron Kaiser

Nov 11, 2006, 1:25:02 AM11/11/06
Jim Butterfield <fjb_AT_pathcom_DOT_com> writes:

>I'm currently undergoing chemotherapy, and it's likely that I will be
>counselled to keep my hours of attendance down to something like four
>hours or so.
>NO CAUSE FOR CONCERN - I'm not an invalid or otherwise incapacitated;

Nevertheless, do stay well. I hope the chemo is having a *desired* effect
as well as the undesirable ones.

--
Cameron Kaiser * cka...@floodgap.com * posting with a Commodore 128
personal page: http://www.armory.com/%7Espectre/

Clockmeister

Nov 11, 2006, 3:03:53 AM11/11/06

"Robert Bernardo" <rber...@iglou.com> wrote in message

> On Fri, 10 Nov 2006, Jim Butterfield wrote:
>
>> I'll be there (I'm on the program), but my attendance may be a little
>> restricted.
>>
>> I'm currently undergoing chemotherapy, and it's likely that I will be
>> counselled to keep my hours of attendance down to something like four
>> hours or so.
>
> Take care, Jim. You are one of the heroes of the Commodore world.

Yep, wish you the best of health Jim, you're a true legend...

Hernan Vergara

Nov 13, 2006, 11:20:41 AM11/13/06
Hi Jim,

> I'll be there (I'm on the program), but my attendance may be a little
> restricted.
>
> I'm currently undergoing chemotherapy, and it's likely that I will be
> counselled to keep my hours of attendance down to something like four
> hours or so.
>
> NO CAUSE FOR CONCERN - I'm not an invalid or otherwise incapacitated;
> those stories you hear about side effects of chemo don't apply in my
> case. (Well, you can come and see what I look like with my hair
> greatly thinned out, if you promise not to snicker.)

:-)

Glad you are winning the fight. Just take care of yourself. You are the
inspiration and heroe to many, including me.

Hernan