RAMBoard correctly identified (1541 II drive type)...

Rodolfo Leal

Apr 18, 2004, 10:52:10 PM4/18/04
Hello everybody,
This is the final note on my request to identify a piece of
hardware that I got.
First at all, thanks a lot to Wolfgang Moser, because with his help
I found out that I got the RAMBoard for the 1541 II drive. I tested
with a drive that I bought at Ebay.
As Wolfgang guessed, the board fits perfectly over the DOS ROM chip
and maps its RAM at the $8000 address. I connected the A wire to the
pin 24 and the C wire to pin 8 of the 6502 CPU. The B wire is
connected at pin 21 of the 2016 RAM.
I ran the RAMBoard test program, found at FUNET. I tested the
RAMBoard's Maverick utilities and everything went without problems, as
far as I can tell. Does anybody has another programs to test the
expanded RAM?
Well, that was another mistery solved with the help of this great
community.

Regards,
Rodolfo Leal

Wolfgang Moser

Apr 19, 2004, 5:19:25 PM4/19/04
Rodolfo Leal wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> This is the final note on my request to identify a piece of
> hardware that I got.
> [...]

> As Wolfgang guessed, the board fits perfectly over the DOS ROM chip
> and maps its RAM at the $8000 address. I connected the A wire to the
> pin 24 and the C wire to pin 8 of the 6502 CPU. The B wire is
> connected at pin 21 of the 2016 RAM.

Thanks for the acknoledgement and congratulations to your
working configuration.

Womo

--
------ to obtain more infos about me, look up the page ------