Be Inc cuts 32 percent of workforce but stock price remains steady.

raj

Aug 1, 2001, 12:00:31 AM8/1/01
Be Inc cuts 32 percent of workforce
See
http://biz.yahoo.com/n/b/beos.html

Be is now holding steady at 48 cents, down from a 2 year high of $ 52

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=beos&d=c

Marco Nelissen

Aug 1, 2001, 3:17:11 AM8/1/01
In comp.sys.be.misc raj <isra...@optushome.com.au> wrote:
> Be is now holding steady at 48 cents, down from a 2 year high of $ 52

Fifty-two dollars?! In your wettest dreams perhaps...

raj

Aug 1, 2001, 3:52:53 AM8/1/01
Look at
http://newyork.craigslist.org/res/1250481.html
"B Operating Systems | Menlo Park, CA / 2001-current
Creative Director"

The rats left the ship long ago.
The sailors and the midshipmen are leaving now...

IR Thomas

VI VI XIII
Roman Neighbour of the Beast

Chris Herborth

Aug 2, 2001, 10:07:53 AM8/2/01
According to raj <isra...@optushome.com.au>:

> Look at
> http://newyork.craigslist.org/res/1250481.html
> "B Operating Systems | Menlo Park, CA / 2001-current
> Creative Director"
>
> The rats left the ship long ago.
> The sailors and the midshipmen are leaving now...

Granted Be, Inc. is in really, really bad shape, but a graphic designer
keeping his resume online isn't exactly the final nail in the coffin.

IMHO that was actually a year or more ago and Be, Inc. has been undead for
quite some time.

--
----------========================================================----------
Chris Herborth, DNRC Holder of Past Knowledge Arcane Dragon -==(UDIC)==-

thx...@bigfoot.com

Aug 11, 2001, 1:00:59 AM8/11/01
Chris Herborth wrote:
> According to raj <isra...@optushome.com.au>:
>
>>Look at
>>http://newyork.craigslist.org/res/1250481.html
>>"B Operating Systems | Menlo Park, CA / 2001-current
>>Creative Director"
>>
>>The rats left the ship long ago.
>>The sailors and the midshipmen are leaving now...
>>

> Granted Be, Inc. is in really, really bad shape, but a graphic designer
> keeping his resume online isn't exactly the final nail in the coffin.
>
> IMHO that was actually a year or more ago and Be, Inc. has been undead for
> quite some time.

I think it is more accurate to say Be, Inc. remains on life support.

.

Aug 18, 2001, 3:41:12 AM8/18/01

Oh there you are, marco. Wrong about that too, were ya?

-----.

--
Theres a hole in the world like a great black pit and
its filled with people who are filled with shit and it

Marco Nelissen

Aug 18, 2001, 1:03:54 PM8/18/01
In comp.sys.be.misc . <yt...@mutilation.net> wrote:
> In comp.sys.be.advocacy Marco Nelissen <mar...@xs4.xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> In comp.sys.be.misc raj <isra...@optushome.com.au> wrote:
>>> Be is now holding steady at 48 cents, down from a 2 year high of $ 52
>
>> Fifty-two dollars?! In your wettest dreams perhaps...
>
> Oh there you are, marco. Wrong about that too, were ya?

Uh, no, I was right: Be stock was never at $52

.

Aug 18, 2001, 6:11:29 PM8/18/01
In comp.sys.be.advocacy Marco Nelissen <mar...@xs4.xs4all.nl> wrote:
> In comp.sys.be.misc . <yt...@mutilation.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Fifty-two dollars?! In your wettest dreams perhaps...
>>
>> Oh there you are, marco. Wrong about that too, were ya?

> Uh, no, I was right: Be stock was never at $52

True, looks like it almost hit 40 though.

Marco Nelissen

Aug 19, 2001, 3:35:55 AM8/19/01
In comp.sys.be.misc . <yt...@mutilation.net> wrote:
>> Uh, no, I was right: Be stock was never at $52
>
> True, looks like it almost hit 40 though.

So your point then was...?

.

Aug 19, 2001, 3:41:59 AM8/19/01
In comp.sys.be.advocacy Marco Nelissen <mar...@xs4.xs4all.nl> wrote:

Apparently beyond you.

As a side note: BeOS disks make lots of cool blue lightning when you stick them in
microwaves.

-----.

--
Theres a hole in the world like a great black pit and

its filled with people who are filled with shit and the
vermin of the world inhabit it

Marco Nelissen

Aug 19, 2001, 1:04:51 PM8/19/01
In comp.sys.be.misc . <yt...@mutilation.net> wrote:

>>> True, looks like it almost hit 40 though.
>
>> So your point then was...?
>
> Apparently beyond you.

Indeed. I usually don't understand when people try to tell me I'm wrong about something
when I'm not. In your case, I'll just blame it on the numerous piercings. The ones in
your head probably went a little too deep...

> As a side note: BeOS disks make lots of cool blue lightning when you stick them in
> microwaves.

As do Windows, Linux and MaOS CDs. The process is a bit smelly though, don't try
it in your own microwave.

Steve Howie

Aug 19, 2001, 5:20:59 PM8/19/01

A co-worker of mine considers himself somewhat of an officionado of Cd-nuking:

take a look at

http://www.uoguelph.ca/~pjf/mwav_CD.html

Scotty
--
Steve Howie ro...@127.0.0.1
Netnews and Listserv Admin 519 824-4120 x2556

Harold Taylor

Aug 23, 2001, 8:50:55 AM8/23/01
Steve Howie <sho...@uoguelph.ca> wrote in message news:<9lpajr$2hk$1...@testinfo.cs.uoguelph.ca>...

> In comp.sys.be.advocacy Marco Nelissen <mar...@xs4.xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> >> As a side note: BeOS disks make lots of cool blue lightning when
> >> you stick them in microwaves.
>
> > As do Windows, Linux and MaOS CDs. The process is a bit smelly
> > though, don't try it in your own microwave.
>
> A co-worker of mine considers himself somewhat of an officionado of Cd-nuking:
>
> take a look at
>
> http://www.uoguelph.ca/~pjf/mwav_CD.html
>
> Scotty

Thanks guys!! This is the best post I've seen here for days - and is
almost as impressive as nuking smoldering bits of wood (i.e. matches)
-> little balls of purple plasma (try it out). Just remember to switch
off the microwave as plasma tends to eat away at the enamel surface...

Take care,
Harold