Palm Stupidly Purchased Be -- It's Official

raj

Aug 17, 2001, 5:31:07 PM8/17/01
On Fri, 17 Aug 2001 23:56:31 -0500, Jeff The Musician
<jeff_the...@nospam.net> wrote:
>Read my response below...
>Mike Grusin wrote:
>> Come on people, why would Palm, or anybody else, spend $11M for Be
>> just to
>> kill it when they could have just let it wither away for free?
>Business sense: If you kill off competition either directly or
>covertly, you strengthen your coffers and financial base.

In any case, that is what AOL did with Netscape.

Palm's purchase of Be is basically semi-PR from a company that is
seeing its market share dropping and profits slumping . Palm is
running out of ideas and buying Be is supposed to give the impression
that Palm has ideas to beat Visor or Handspring.

phooey

Aug 17, 2001, 11:40:18 PM8/17/01

raj <isra...@optushome.com.au>

> In any case, that is what AOL did with Netscape.
>
> Palm's purchase of Be is basically semi-PR from a company that is
> seeing its market share dropping and profits slumping . Palm is
> running out of ideas and buying Be is supposed to give the impression
> that Palm has ideas to beat Visor or Handspring.

Actually the whole Palm buys Be deal was done just to see idiotic

Note: When pulling ideas out of ones arse, try leading off your comments
with introductory phrases such as:

I think ...
I speculate ...
I have a wild ass theory ...
It could be that ...
It is my unconfirmed belief that ...

This way readers will just see you as imaginative, rather than an idiot.

Peter Kleinstück

Aug 18, 2001, 2:27:34 AM8/18/01
LOL, agree.
"phooey" <ju...@slidenet.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag