Need BeOS monthly columnist

Peter Skye

Sep 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/22/00

We're looking for someone who uses both BeOS and OS/2 to write eight
paragraphs a month showcasing BeOS strengths _and_ describing why OS/2
users should _also_ have BeOS "on their networks" and "as a boot option
on their machines".

Your column will be part of "The OS/2 Musclemen" series of monthly
columns. From what I've seen of Be, it has some wonderful strengths
that OS/2 users should know about. The column shouldn't advocate one
over the other, but rather point out why OS/2 users should _also_
install BeOS.

Sorry, no pay.<g> (We're all "volunteers" here.) But we have a great
PR machine and your online column _will_ be read by thousands of OS/2
and BeOS users. We have an editorial staff that will fix your typos and
create the HTML web pages.

If interested, contact me directly at pe...@scoug.com. I've tagged a
short "mockup" onto this message so you can see what we're looking for.

Thanks,

- Peter Skye (Los Angeles, Calif.)
The OS/2 Musclemen
The Southern California OS/2 User Group (http://www.scoug.com/)
OS/2 For You
Webfoot, The Duck
_____
(mockup for demo purposes)

Friends: BeOS and OS/2
This month - Fast Video Capture
by James Doe

BeOS and OS/2 are a great combination when you need fast and efficient
video capture so you can add multimedia to your OS/2-based networks.
On-demand video kiosks, financial training and sales reports are some
typical uses, and don't forget that once you get started you'll find
dozens of other good uses for in-house video.
..(descriptive content here)..
That's it! You can have a BeOS workstation on your network in every
meeting room where videos might be made, plus you should have BeOS as a
boot option on the machine where you'll do the editing. Then just ftp
the finished video files to your servers for distribution.
See you next month with more of "Friends: BeOS and OS/2".
_____