Palm to sack Be's founder -- It's Official

raj

Aug 17, 2001, 5:34:44 PM8/17/01
>This is a very common tactic: buy the competition and don't let it see
>daylight ever again. Been there, almost done that. Besides, they got Be's
>engineering talent which is what they really wanted.

Plus they got to throw JLGassee off the Palm board. ( Compare the
current 14 member Palm board of directors to the list of names on the
new proposed 8 member board. Gassee is a prominent piece of deadwood
that is not on the new board ).

That has to be worth at least 11 million.

raj

Aug 17, 2001, 5:47:54 PM8/17/01

5 Nines/3 Sixes

Aug 17, 2001, 6:53:29 PM8/17/01

He's hardly the greatest CEO in the world.

Marco Nelissen

Aug 17, 2001, 9:08:48 PM8/17/01

Just like all the other nay-sayers here and on the yahoo message boards,
you have no clue. JLG is on the 3com board of directors, not the Palm
board of directors. The Palm board has only 7 members, not 14.
If you'd done even the smallest amount of research, you could have known
this. Thanks for playing. Next time, don't bother.

Ron

Aug 18, 2001, 11:08:20 AM8/18/01
A bit hostile, ain't we?

Marco Nelissen <mar...@xs4.xs4all.nl> wrote in message

Adam Marti

Aug 18, 2001, 1:32:28 PM8/18/01
On Sat, 18 Aug 2001 16:45:41 +0200, Morten Vinje <mvi...@online.no>
wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:53:29 -0500, 5 Nines/3 Sixes wrote:
>> He's hardly the greatest CEO in the world.

>On the other hand; nobody is...

Well I think by definition SOMEbody has to be, don't they?

--
Remember, a spammer is just someone that didn't
have enough personality to be a telemarketer.

Arthur Hagen

Aug 18, 2001, 3:22:19 PM8/18/01

"Morten Vinje" <mvi...@online.no> wrote in message

> On Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:53:29 -0500, 5 Nines/3 Sixes wrote:
>
> > He's hardly the greatest CEO in the world.
>
> On the other hand; nobody is...

Yep, and he even holds an account on most of the servers out there!

--
*Art

Steve Howie

Aug 18, 2001, 4:01:45 PM8/18/01
In comp.sys.be.advocacy Ron <r...@wigglit.com> wrote:
> A bit hostile, ain't we?

I hardly say stating the facts is "hostile"

Scotty

> Marco Nelissen <mar...@xs4.xs4all.nl> wrote in message
>> >

>> > Plus they got to throw JLGassee off the Palm board. ( Compare the
>> > current 14 member Palm board of directors to the list of names on the
>> > new proposed 8 member board. Gassee is a prominent piece of deadwood
>> > that is not on the new board ).
>>
>> Just like all the other nay-sayers here and on the yahoo message boards,
>> you have no clue. JLG is on the 3com board of directors, not the Palm
>> board of directors. The Palm board has only 7 members, not 14.
>> If you'd done even the smallest amount of research, you could have known
>> this. Thanks for playing. Next time, don't bother.

--
Steve Howie ro...@127.0.0.1
Netnews and Listserv Admin 519 824-4120 x2556

Billy Bob

Aug 18, 2001, 4:45:33 PM8/18/01

"Ron" <r...@wigglit.com> wrote

> A bit hostile, ain't we?

Give Marco a break, he's been blindly defending Be and publicly criticizing
all of those who've seen this coming since the focus shift (usually with his
childish trademark "Thanks for playing. Next time, don't bother" type
comments), he's bound to be a little sore now that it's all over.

BB

Marco Nelissen

Aug 19, 2001, 3:41:10 AM8/19/01
In comp.sys.be.misc Billy Bob <no...@home.com> wrote:
> Give Marco a break, he's been blindly defending Be and publicly criticizing

There is a big difference between "blindly defending Be" and "correcting
misinformation". Clearly this obvious difference is totally lost on you.

> all of those who've seen this coming since the focus shift (usually with his

Oh, you were one of the many who predicted a buyout by Palm as early as
march 2000, were you?

> childish trademark "Thanks for playing. Next time, don't bother" type
> comments), he's bound to be a little sore now that it's all over.

On the contrary, this is only the beginning.

Dave

Aug 19, 2001, 3:51:16 PM8/19/01
Marco Nelissen <mar...@xs4.xs4all.nl> wrote in message news:<9lnqim$fo7$2...@news1.xs4all.nl>...

> In comp.sys.be.misc Billy Bob <no...@home.com> wrote:
> > Give Marco a break, he's been blindly defending Be and publicly criticizing
> > all of those who've seen this coming since the focus shift (usually with his
>
> Oh, you were one of the many who predicted a buyout by Palm as early as
> march 2000, were you?

What an arrogant person you must be. But it's what we've come to
expect from you anyway. We've seen through all the "just you wait and
see" hype that you and the few other diehards keep spewing. Anyone
with common sense could see what was coming when Be started bumbling
head over heels downhill. Alienate your developers and users and in
the process let your product wither away. Sounds like a successful
business strategy to me... Part of the reason so many of us could see
the end coming was that we've lived through it before with the idiot
management at Commodore running itself into the ground. It was pretty
easy to see the mismanagement similarities between the two companies.

> > childish trademark "Thanks for playing. Next time, don't bother" type
> > comments), he's bound to be a little sore now that it's all over.
>
> On the contrary, this is only the beginning.

Let me guess, Be just mistook the IA market for what really will be
the future of computing, PDA's ! LOL. You keep telling yourself
that.

Luke Fowler

Aug 19, 2001, 4:06:39 PM8/19/01
Marco Nelissen wrote:
> In comp.sys.be.misc Billy Bob <no...@home.com> wrote:
<snip>

>> comments), he's bound to be a little sore now that it's all over.
>
> On the contrary, this is only the beginning.

Marco,

Perhaps I am reading more into your statement than I should?
_Is_ there light at the end of the tunnel? Or is Chris Herborth (sp?)
correct when he says we will never see release versions of BONE or the
new Media_Kit?

Or maybe you have to say "No Comment." :-)

-Luke F

Marco Nelissen

Aug 19, 2001, 9:23:41 PM8/19/01
In comp.sys.be.misc Luke Fowler <lfow...@qwest.net> wrote:
> Perhaps I am reading more into your statement than I should?

If you took my statement to mean that this is only the beginning
for BeOS, then yes, you probably read too much into my statement.
I do not know what Palm's plans for BeOS are, though I did read
in an article somewhere that they have no plans to develop it
further. The fact that people from Palm later expressed interest
in getting feedback from the community doesn't really make the
situation any more clear. Wait and see I guess.

> Or maybe you have to say "No Comment." :-)

OK. No comment. :)

Nearl J Toothenbecker

Aug 20, 2001, 3:23:25 AM8/20/01
In article <9lnqim$fo7$2...@news1.xs4all.nl>, mar...@xs4.xs4all.nl says...

>In comp.sys.be.misc Billy Bob <no...@home.com> wrote:
>> Give Marco a break, he's been blindly defending Be and publicly
>> criticizing
>
>There is a big difference between "blindly defending Be" and "correcting
>misinformation". Clearly this obvious difference is totally lost on you.

You forgot about the second part of the statement. Never believe anything
until it has been officially denied.

>> all of those who've seen this coming since the focus shift (usually with
>> his
>
>Oh, you were one of the many who predicted a buyout by Palm as early as
>march 2000, were you?

By "this," he's probably referring to the fact that the company Be doesn't
exist anymore.

>> childish trademark "Thanks for playing. Next time, don't bother" type
>> comments), he's bound to be a little sore now that it's all over.
>
>On the contrary, this is only the beginning.

The ending is always the beginning. 8-)