Atari 2600 emulator for Win2000

Nero Singer

Feb 14, 2002, 10:58:18 AM2/14/02
Does anyone know which is the best emulator for Atari2600 for windows 2000.

I'm actually looking for my favorit game which is "Yars Reveange".
How can I play it today?

Thanx ini advance

William Kendrick

Feb 14, 2002, 4:36:46 PM2/14/02
Nero Singer <sin...@hotmail.com> wrote:
: Does anyone know which is the best emulator for Atari2600 for windows 2000.

: I'm actually looking for my favorit game which is "Yars Reveange".
: How can I play it today?

I'm fairly sure Stella will work on Win2000 (not that I've ever used
any Windows after Win95... and that was on a friend's machine)

-bill!

Unknown

Feb 14, 2002, 11:49:47 PM2/14/02
Has anyone ever tried making a 2600 emulator for the Atari 8-bit?

William Kendrick

Feb 15, 2002, 2:25:55 PM2/15/02
D&D FAN! <> wrote:
: Has anyone ever tried making a 2600 emulator for the Atari 8-bit?

Seeing as they have essentially the same CPU, but different memory map
and support hardware (gfx features, sound, etc.), it'd appear easy,
but I think it'd be VERY difficult. :^(

There was a 2600 cart adapter for the 5200, wasn't there?
I think it was pretty much a stripped-down 2600 in a cart, tho. :^/

-bill!

Fox-1

Feb 15, 2002, 6:28:47 PM2/15/02

Nero Singer wrote

: I'm actually looking for my favorit game which is "Yars Reveange".

: How can I play it today?

By getting a real 2600 for a few cents at a garagesale or something like that.
Much more fun then a boring M$ machine.

--

Grtx, Sysop Fox-1 / MNX http://www7.brinkster.com/atari

"I hear that if you play the Windows XP CD backwards, you get a satanic
message"
"That's nothing. If you play it forward, it installs Windows XP"...

Mike Stepansky

Feb 25, 2002, 3:21:36 PM2/25/02
in article vcfo6ugumfhgh9tm1...@4ax.com, D&D FAN! at D&D FAN!
wrote on 2/14/02 11:49 PM:

> Has anyone ever tried making a 2600 emulator for the Atari 8-bit?

Hmm... a clever piece of question!

Does the 8-bit system and the VCS-2600 use the same CPU (6502)?

Mike