anyone know how to use 6502 ?

mr_Green

May 4, 2003, 4:05:42 AM5/4/03
anyone know how to use 6502 ? If you do plz post
--
It is impossible to make anything fool-proof because fools are so ingenious

atari-man

May 4, 2003, 7:30:03 AM5/4/03
Try www.6502.org

FULL of information, datasheets, and links.

Tony

"mr_Green" <mant...@whitespider.dyn.nu> wrote in message

William Kendrick

May 5, 2003, 3:42:56 AM5/5/03
mr_Green <mant...@whitespider.dyn.nu> wrote:
> anyone know how to use 6502 ? If you do plz post

Hehe... Yeah. I turn the switch on the back of my Atari 800XL or
Nintendo NES. ;^)

Sorry... I just had to. It's not like your question was very clear. ;^)

-bill!

--
bi...@newbreedsoftware.com Hire me!
http://newbreedsoftware.com/bill/ http://newbreedsoftware.com/bill/resume/

mr_Green

May 5, 2003, 1:11:06 AM5/5/03
"atari-man" <aru...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I Been on it before thank though.

mr_Green

May 5, 2003, 4:39:30 PM5/5/03
"William Kendrick" <bi...@newbreedsoftware.com> wrote in message

Does anyone Know how to use 6502 asm, or know how the graphics or registies
work on a Atari ?...... Or Nes that would help me more.

Better now :)

richard cortese

May 5, 2003, 2:27:10 PM5/5/03

> "William Kendrick" <bi...@newbreedsoftware.com> wrote in message
> > mr_Green <mant...@whitespider.dyn.nu> wrote:
> > > anyone know how to use 6502 ? If you do plz post
> >
> > Hehe... Yeah. I turn the switch on the back of my Atari 800XL or
> > Nintendo NES. ;^)
> >
> > Sorry... I just had to. It's not like your question was very clear.
;^)

> > -bill!
> >
> > --
> > bi...@newbreedsoftware.com
Hire
> me!
> > http://newbreedsoftware.com/bill/
> http://newbreedsoftware.com/bill/resume/
>
> Does anyone Know how to use 6502 asm, or know how the graphics or
registies
> work on a Atari ?...... Or Nes that would help me more.

Sure.

Assembly on a 6502 is a lot like BASIC with only 3 variables but 64,000
memory locations. On an Atari a lot of the routines to do useful stuff are
just calls to the OS which make it easy to do things like change graphic
modes or input files from a disk drive. You just make the jump from PEEK to
LDA $<some memory location>, POKE to STA, GOTO to JMP, and GOSUB to JSR, and
you do fine.

http://home.earthlink.net/~atari8bit/a8links.html
Is a good place to start a search for specific information.

RoyE

May 5, 2003, 4:35:14 PM5/5/03

"richard cortese" <rico...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
More 6502
Another good program for looking at 6502 source code is here:
This site is in French and English Home page.
http://pvb.free.fr/Atari/Atari_Index.htm

http://pvb.free.fr/Atari/Download/
Several very good programs for viewing 6502 opcodes within Atari disk or
file. All Atari fans ought to be getting this stuff.

Good luck

mr_Green

May 5, 2003, 9:32:11 PM5/5/03
Good thanks. I am looking for nes details but Atari is very close.
I'll be checking those some thanks.

--
It is impossible to make anything fool-proof because fools are so ingenious
"RoyE" <r-d...@charter.net> wrote in message

Keith Vandewark

May 6, 2003, 1:17:55 AM5/6/03
You might want to check out this web site:
<http://www.atariarchives.org/mapping/> or better yet, get the book if
you can. Mapping the Atari (revised edition) by Ian Chadwick &
Published by Compute: It has all of the Atari 8 bit memory locations
and their uses plus other helpful information.

Regards,
Kvan

richard cortese

May 6, 2003, 1:48:17 PM5/6/03

> Good thanks. I am looking for nes details but Atari is very close.
> I'll be checking those some thanks.

NES, if I have it right, used a derivitive of the TI graphic chip made by
Yamaha. Foggy memory but I think it was the TI9930. The TI9930 was used in a
couple of systems TI/99 and Coleco Vision IIRC. There was also a hack
written up in Byte Magazine Circuit Cellar where it was put in an Apple II
board.

It was and is an interesting chip. Has its own graphic memory and will
refresh ~16k of DRAM. It has sprites and all the features you'd expect in a
2nd generation video chip.