PMDOOM 0.59

Francois LE COAT

Sep 2, 2014, 4:46:26 PM9/2/14

Patrice Mandin <http://pmandin.atari.org/> just released PMDOOM
in 0.59 version. He announced it for the Firebee computer, on
the mailing-list of Firebee users. Not to the rest of the world,
yet. There's also a binary that should fit on ATARI machines like
Falcon030 or TT.

I tested PMDOOM with the ARAnyM miniPack rapidly, for the moment
<http://eureka.atari.org/miniPack.zip> without success. It seems
to me that it used to work with a previous version (I don't know
which unfortunately).

Is there somebody who could launch this 0.59 version with the
miniPack ? Maybe Patrice Mandin is reading us ? I need help ...

Best regards,

--
François LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)

Francois LE COAT

Sep 7, 2014, 11:21:07 AM9/7/14

I finally found the solution for PMDOOM 0.59.

Francois LE COAT writes:
> Patrice Mandin <http://pmandin.atari.org/> just released PMDOOM
> in 0.59 version. He announced it for the Firebee computer, on
> the mailing-list of Firebee users. Not to the rest of the world,
> yet. There's also a binary that should fit on ATARI machines like
> Falcon030 or TT.
>
> I tested PMDOOM with the ARAnyM miniPack rapidly, for the moment
> <http://eureka.atari.org/miniPack.zip> without success. It seems
> to me that it used to work with a previous version (I don't know
> which unfortunately).
>
> Is there somebody who could launch this 0.59 version with the
> miniPack ? Maybe Patrice Mandin is reading us ? I need help ...

In facts PMDOOM works under the ARAnyM miniPack, if you choose :
<http://pmandin.atari.org/download/bin/pmdoom-0.59.zip> then
set "setenv SDL_VIDEODRIVER gem" in "C:/MINT/1-18-0/MINT.CNF"
then drag&drop the "doom1.wad" under `doom.ttp` simply.

I didn't succeed to launch it with a shell (bash). So for the
moment, I don't have sound, and the game window is 320x200.

But this way, it works quite fast, with the keyboard. The
documentation is large, and I should read it for advanced usage.