ADAP II software

Rory McMahon

Jul 2, 2005, 5:38:19 PM7/2/05
Hi all,

Looking for Hybrid Arts ADAP II software. I have the hardware, but no
software. You can send it to: remove nospam:

rorym...@nospamgmail.com

Thanks
Rory
---------------------
Flagrant System Error
Computer over.
Virus = Very Yes
---------------------
http://homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html

frie...@sympatico.ca

Jul 3, 2005, 9:49:22 PM7/3/05
Hello, Rory, I think I have the ADaP 1 software. This was to operate a
hardware sampler. If you want it I could send it to you. I also have
the ADAP 1 hardware but I am not sure it works. The software includes
some sample editing and is pretty sofisticated.
Mark

Rory McMahon

Jul 4, 2005, 1:43:09 AM7/4/05
Mark,

Yes please send it. Until I can find a copy for the ADAP II, I can
hope that the ADAP I software will work...

Thanks!!!
Rory

On 3 Jul 2005 18:49:22 -0700, frie...@sympatico.ca wrote:

>Hello, Rory, I think I have the ADaP 1 software. This was to operate a
>hardware sampler. If you want it I could send it to you. I also have
>the ADAP 1 hardware but I am not sure it works. The software includes
>some sample editing and is pretty sofisticated.
>Mark
>

>Rory McMahon wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Looking for Hybrid Arts ADAP II software. I have the hardware, but no
>> software. You can send it to: remove nospam:
>>
>> rorym...@nospamgmail.com

---------------------

Lowline

Jul 5, 2005, 1:15:50 AM7/5/05
I think i have one of these kicking around from the Cosby Show. I'll see if
I still have the software.

Thanks
David

"Rory McMahon" <rorymcma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

frie...@sympatico.ca

Jul 5, 2005, 1:33:19 PM7/5/05
Rory, please email me at
fried.m...@sympatico.ca
(remove "nospam")
I have a couple of manuals as well.
Mark

Rory McMahon

Jul 5, 2005, 1:41:09 PM7/5/05
David,

That would be excellent!

Rory

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 05:15:50 GMT, "Lowline" <gab...@telus.net> wrote:

>I think i have one of these kicking around from the Cosby Show. I'll see if
>I still have the software.
>
>Thanks
>David

frie...@sympatico.ca

Jul 5, 2005, 2:02:27 PM7/5/05
You mean you have the ADAP 1, or ADAP II ? Hardware or software?
I might be interested, let me know?
Mark

Mark Earwood

Jul 6, 2005, 6:00:59 AM7/6/05
Hi
I also have some similar hardware without any manuals or software.

An ADAP Soundrack that plugs into the cartridge port, and a Digital
F/X Digital Master EX system. No leads/cables or software/instructions. Only
just got it and still figuring it out.

Rory, is this the same system you have?

I've found reference to a review in Electronic Musician April '93,
but living in the UK that mag is hard to find.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mark (II ?)

<frie...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

Rory McMahon

Jul 6, 2005, 11:31:44 AM7/6/05
Mark,

I have two ADAP II's and a Digital Master setup. I may have a Digital
Master zip file somebody had sent me some time ago. I am in the
process of looking for it.

Apparently the manuals are big and hard to find. i have the connecting
pcb to the cart port. It is a straight through ide cable surrounded by
copper foil for shielding. It has to be a short run due to buffering i
believe. I also think the cable connecting the hardware is a straight
through serial cable.

I wont know for sure until I can find the software. Im sure somebody
has a working setup of these things...

Rory

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 10:00:59 +0000 (UTC), "Mark Earwood"
<mark.e...@STUFFbtinternet.com> wrote:

>Hi
> I also have some similar hardware without any manuals or software.
>
> An ADAP Soundrack that plugs into the cartridge port, and a Digital
>F/X Digital Master EX system. No leads/cables or software/instructions. Only
>just got it and still figuring it out.
>
> Rory, is this the same system you have?
>
> I've found reference to a review in Electronic Musician April '93,
>but living in the UK that mag is hard to find.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Mark (II ?)

Hallvard Tangeraas

Jul 7, 2005, 5:16:01 AM7/7/05
Rory McMahon wrote:

> I wont know for sure until I can find the software. Im sure somebody
> has a working setup of these things...

Actually I think there's a better chance of finding other ADAP II
users in *music* related newsgroups. Just because it runs on the
Atari ST platform doesn't mean that everybody who uses it is an
Atari enthusiast.

I run the Notator mailing list (C-Lab/Emagic "Notator SL" and
"Creator SL" MIDI sequencing software), and I dare say most of
the members there don't hang out in any Atari related forums.
They just use Notator as a musical tool which happens to run on
the Atari ST.
By the way, if anyone's interested in joining or checking out the
website, here's the URL: http://www.notator.org

There are several computer-music/synth related newsgroups. I'd
suggest posting to this one first: rec.music.makers.synth

--
Hallvard

Mark Earwood

Jul 7, 2005, 8:48:27 AM7/7/05
Thanks Halvard. I've just posted there.

If you're not subscribed to that one Rory, I'll let you know if we get
a reply.

Mark (II)
"Hallvard Tangeraas" <i...@lid.email> wrote in message

>> Actually I think there's a better chance of finding other ADAP II
> users in *music* related newsgroups. Just because it runs on the
> Atari ST platform doesn't mean that everybody who uses it is an
> Atari enthusiast.

Mark Earwood

Jul 18, 2005, 8:45:45 AM7/18/05
Rory and all
I got no response from rec.music.makers.synth at all.
2 posts no replies.

Did you have any joy?

Mark II

Paul Morison

Feb 26, 2022, 7:54:06 AM2/26/22
Hi
This is an old post but I wonder if you still have adap hardware and software please? I had everything accept the soundtrack stolen. So I need the grey box that plugs into the cartridge port and then I think the Soundtrack rack box, the cable that does this and the software

Many thanks

Paul

I'm in the uk

Paul Morison

Feb 26, 2022, 7:56:05 AM2/26/22

Paul Morison

Feb 26, 2022, 8:02:02 AM2/26/22
Me too, if you still have them. Sorry it's an old post, but have edit to re-do!

Rgds

Paul

Paul Morison

Feb 26, 2022, 8:03:49 AM2/26/22