Re: "BT" scammers seem very active today.

David Wade

Oct 30, 2020, 1:04:27 PM10/30/20
On 30/10/2020 15:25, MB wrote:
> Had a couple of calls from BT Technical Dept(?) to say that suspicious
> activity on my line and they will be disconnecting it.   :-)
>

> Unfortunately I do not have the BT8500 call filtering enabled because
> expecting calls from doctor, hospital, pharmacy etc.
>

> They are using "ordinary" UK telephone numbers and not the BT 0800
> number that you would expect.

I have been getting a selection of Amazon, Inland Revenue and Tax Fraud.
They have been using rotating CLIs, some international, others from
non-existant exchange codes. This is to avoid normal call blockers.

I would expect your doctor, hospital and pharmacy would be used to call
filtering.

Dave
G4UGM