Seeing who is still on this group ;)

James Schofield

Nov 6, 2022, 11:29:04 PM11/6/22
Well posting into this group, because. I am a hardware Atari
enthousiast. I have modded just about every machine that I own. I am
not a collector, but a user. Any more of us still out using the usenet?

James

Rayner Lucas

Nov 8, 2022, 1:28:10 PM11/8/22
In article <tka1if$op1$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, bike...@gmx.com says...

> Well posting into this group, because. I am a hardware Atari
> enthousiast. I have modded just about every machine that I own. I am
> not a collector, but a user. Any more of us still out using the usenet?

I'm lurking here, as an occasional Atari user. A couple of years ago I
repaired an STFM that I got from a job-lot of broken computer equipment
[*], and it's great being able to play some of the games I couldn't
afford as a kid.

Rayner

[*] Had to replace the CPU and GLUE, fit a new reset switch, and
reattach the RF output connector which had come loose, but eventually
got it to come back to life.

James Schofield

Nov 8, 2022, 10:52:58 PM11/8/22
Wow.. thats really good considering it was your first Atari to fix. I
have a mega ST4 that I need to do some troubleshooting on because I
went to boot it up today and nothing but a green screen. So
toubleshooting it is. It was working last time I tried.

James

Gregor Skrzeczynski

Nov 15, 2022, 6:51:06 PM11/15/22
Ocassionally I am still looking for messages here. Not so much traffic
in Atari groups ...
I own a Mega STe, still up an running. For network connection I have
attached a Netusbee but I actually never tried Usenet on this machine.
The only "hardware mod" during the past 30 years has been a new clock
battery - surprisingly only 5 years ago.

Gregor

David L. P. Solimano

Dec 12, 2022, 10:08:19 AM12/12/22
I stop by every couple of weeks, good to see some friendly faces in the
newsgroup.

Got my machines out of storage a couple of months ago and getting
everything wired up, exciting times on my end!
--
David Solimano
da...@solimano.org

Michael Eibl

Dec 12, 2022, 10:20:07 AM12/12/22
I am still watching. But there has not happened much in the last couple
of years.

Regards,
Michael

David Wade

Dec 12, 2022, 12:16:20 PM12/12/22
I drop by, but don't do much either

James Schofield

Feb 24, 2023, 1:05:26 AM2/24/23
Well I am still using usenet - though it is even harder now that AIOE
is down - seems for good. I did find a great place for reading.. its
pulling a lot of old msg.. blueworldhosting.com
I am hoping I will have an account and will be able to post this msg.
If you are reading it.. I did. :)

James Schofield

Feb 24, 2023, 1:05:27 AM2/24/23
how is that going for you David, been a while since I have been on
here. My free provider AIOE died, so i am getting on with a new one
blueworldhosting.com - If you are reading this, I got an account to
post back to the usenet.
If all you want to do is read and post txt articles, there are very few
places around to still get a free account.

James

Gregor Skrzeczynski

Feb 27, 2023, 7:44:58 PM2/27/23
Hi James Schofield! On 24. Feb 2023 at 07:05:25 CET you wrote:

> I am hoping I will have an account and will be able to post this msg.
> If you are reading it.. I did. :)

Yep, all fine. Your Atari seems to work great! :-)

James Schofield

Mar 9, 2023, 11:05:00 PM3/9/23
Yeah, I love my TT030 - this machine is very cool. If I had owned one
of these back in the day - I would have been very happy. I would really
have gotten hard into DTP before I did - I did that on MACs later in
life.
Anywho.. back on today. Responding saying hi. whats going on there
Gregor?
James