Should Atari Computers resurface now -2010

Al V.

Oct 10, 2010, 11:49:07 AM10/10/10
With the advent of Commodore USA and Hyperion making headway to bring
back the old Commodore line, Atari emulators withstanding, should the
same interest come up for the Ataris of of old, especially the Atari
ST/TT , Falcon, and the MegaSTe (throwned in for the small factor).

How can one forget GEM and ToS (the later versions) and the wonderful
software that went with them. Programs still solid and revised if they
can be to include the file formats that exist today The Atari can
still compete and be formidable

Audio has changed and perhaps the new Atari can handle a better
soundchip, graphics can be handled with a card of our choice,
multitasking can be fixed to be better, all periphals can be still put
into the same chaisis and pin connector to an 'expansion box' with
slots interchangeable with the new standards. And a bus speed
compatible to handle the new cpus.

Admirable to what the Medusa Computer/Coldfire project is doing it is
very commendable. Yet without marketing and advertising they can have
far reaching product and I hope they succeed, yet It seems that their
product (perhaps an upgrade of the old Hades computer) seems to fall
in the niche for Atari enthusiasts.

With all what the Atari computer can provide and had provided its
still a viable platform to revive again.

Ronald J. Hall

Oct 10, 2010, 5:09:47 PM10/10/10
On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 08:49:07 -0700, Al V. wrote:

> With the advent of Commodore USA and Hyperion making headway to bring
> back the old Commodore line, Atari emulators withstanding, should the
> same interest come up for the Ataris of of old, especially the Atari
> ST/TT , Falcon, and the MegaSTe (throwned in for the small factor).

Don't know how "do-able" it is, but I'm all for it! :)

--
Welcome To DarkForce! www.darkforce.org "The Fuji Lives.!"
An Atari SW/HW based BBS - Telnet:darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org

sinclap

Jul 22, 2017, 9:12:34 PM7/22/17
What ever happened to the $40 million promotion campaign promised by the Tramiels. Still waiting..

David Solimano

Jul 30, 2017, 6:11:54 PM7/30/17
Huh, yeah that should be any week now. Also, how long have you been
posting here - since the 90s IIRC?
--
David Solimano
da...@solimano.org