FujiNet -v- SDrive Max

James King

Nov 9, 2021, 12:36:44 PM11/9/21
For the life of me, I couldn't get my FujiNet to read ANY SD device (2gb, 64gb) regardless of format type. So,
stopped using it and am now using the SDrive Max. I can now use the physical SDX cart w/SDrive Max, but its been
so many years since I've touched an 8bit, I am an unreal NOOB again. I sure miss having my MUX and hard drives
from running my BBS back in the day.. everything was super tweaked and config'd exactly how I liked it.

How's everyone (if at all) using their 8bit these days?

SDrive lacks the ability to connect to WiFi, so that's a shame..

Cathryn Mataga

Nov 19, 2021, 10:44:19 PM11/19/21
That's really weird. I don't remember it being an issue getting it to
work with SD cards. I wonder if yours is broken some way?

Wade Ripkowski

Dec 4, 2021, 8:34:18 PM12/4/21

> How's everyone (if at all) using their 8bit these days?

FujiNet for modem, but after using a WiModem232 on my ST, I'd do that instead for the 8 bit if I were to do it again. But I have other drive options so I don't need the SD access.

deadfiber

Jan 6, 2022, 5:10:02 PM1/6/22
James, I think your the same that was here for decades. The fujinet is the best, I use with my 800 Incognito. I have 3 different version. Much better than SDmax, In my opinion. did you ask on AtariAge ?

phigan

Jan 13, 2022, 1:06:03 AM1/13/22
I'd try a proper SD Formatting Tool application to ensure the SD card is
formatted to FAT32, and also make sure you've added "SD" in the list of
servers in the Fujinet. I personally don't use any SD and just do
everything via TNFS on the PC. It runs on Windows, Mac, Linux, RPi, you
name it. No need to remove/insert/copy/whatever. It's very convenient
for copying stuff out of ATRs and onto the "hard drive" on the Side B ..
err, excuse me, Side 3 cartridge.