Importing binary files to DOS 3.3 disks under CiderPress?

Jayson Smith

Oct 14, 2021, 10:09:13 AM10/14/21

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here. I want to be able to use an
assembler under Windows to assemble Apple II programs. However, I don't
know of a way to import the resulting binaries to a DOS 3.3 disk with
CiderPress in such a way that the four-byte binary header giving the
start address and length of the file is also included. Is there a way to
do this?

Thanks,

Jayson

--
Remove all qxz from my Email address to reply privately.

fadden

Oct 14, 2021, 10:58:12 AM10/14/21
On Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 7:09:13 AM UTC-7, Jayson Smith wrote:
> Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here. I want to be able to use an
> assembler under Windows to assemble Apple II programs. However, I don't
> know of a way to import the resulting binaries to a DOS 3.3 disk with
> CiderPress in such a way that the four-byte binary header giving the
> start address and length of the file is also included. Is there a way to
> do this?

Add the file type / aux type tag to the filename, e.g. "FOO#062000" for a BIN file that loads at address $2000. Then just add it to the DOS 3.3 disk image. Since it's being added as a BIN file to a DOS disk, the load address and length will be added automatically.

Type preservation doc: https://nulib.com/library/nulib2-preserve.htm