Looking for old program X10 radio shack Home automation

s...@mailtostu.com

Jul 12, 2017, 7:44:53 AM7/12/17
I'm trying to find an old apple ii program. Its the X10 home automation control software for the cp390 serial based x10 transmitter. It'd be pretty cool to see the apple II turning coffee makers and lamps on and off
Radio shack sold the unit, and packaged it with either PC, Apple II, or other software
Imagine the fun one could have with an apple ii that can control power outlets.... at least i think it'd be fun.
I have the control unit, just not the software.
Thanks :)

Antoine Vignau

Jul 12, 2017, 8:10:19 AM7/12/17

pitz

Jul 12, 2017, 11:45:35 AM7/12/17
This was a topic in the Apple II Enthusiasts FB group just a week ago. I started the topic because I found such software on a 5.25" disk. Since I could not find the hardware that came with it, it went along in my donation haul to a thrift store. I'd think that it would already have been archived on the several Apple II software archive sites.

Delfs

Jul 13, 2017, 8:25:26 AM7/13/17
A google search on X10 will net you the software you want. This sparked a memory of some IIgs home brew software I saw a few years ago someone had written for the IIgs. I wish I could remember who or find the web link. I've got a box of the X10 stuff and a couple controllers. Never got around to putting up sensors and etc. (sad face)

Chuck Morris

Jul 13, 2017, 12:22:22 PM7/13/17
On Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 6:44:53 AM UTC-5, s...@mailtostu.com wrote:
As an aside, back in the day there was a board with software for the Apple II marketed as "The Eye" IIRC which allowed you to hook up sensors on your doors and windows that detected entry, in which case the board sent a signal to an X10 module with a LOUD siren attached to turn it on. At the time, I lived in an apartment, and after having been ripped off by maintenance folks who would occasionally decide on their own that they wanted to loiter in my apartment while I was at work, I purchased and installed the system in my apartment. After the alarm went off a few times, the unscheduled visits came to an end. I'm not sure what other X10 based applications may have been marketed for the Apple around that time, but I found this one to be useful personally.

James Hall [VE3MYZ] FN25dj. 73

Jul 13, 2017, 1:58:25 PM7/13/17
Message has been deleted

s...@mailtostu.com

Jul 14, 2017, 12:29:00 PM7/14/17

James Davis

Jul 14, 2017, 2:55:07 PM7/14/17
Or, if you don't want to use the (South Africa) HTTP mirror <http://mirrors.apple2.org.za/ftp.apple.asimov.net/>, and want to go directly to the (New York, USA) FTP site <ftp://public.asimov.net/pub/apple_II/>, make the substitution!