SATA drive card

Mark Wade

Feb 21, 2024, 1:45:23 PMFeb 21
I have a card I purchased some years ago installed in slot 7 of a IIgs. I
don't remember its provenance or name but was wondering if anyone remembers
just what it is and if it will work in a //e.

The SCSI drive hooked to a Super Serial card in my //e seems to have failed
(SCSI boot error), not the first time or drive. I've ordered a used 160 MB
IBM HD from eBay, hopefully I can get that working. I'd rather leave the
SATA drive in the IIgs but if I need to I was wondering if it's an option
for the //e.

Any ideas?

-- Mark Wade

Tom Thumb

Feb 21, 2024, 1:49:36 PMFeb 21
Sorry, I meant to say: "I have an SATA HD card I purchased some years ago installed in slot 7 of a IIgs"

D Finnigan

Feb 21, 2024, 5:20:59 PMFeb 21
Mark Wade wrote:
> I have a card I purchased some years ago installed in slot 7 of a IIgs. I
> don't remember its provenance or name but was wondering if anyone
> remembers
> just what it is and if it will work in a //e.

If it will work in a IIe: more likely yes than no.

> The SCSI drive hooked to a Super Serial card in my //e seems to have
> failed
> (SCSI boot error), not the first time or drive. I've ordered a used 160 MB
> IBM HD from eBay, hopefully I can get that working. I'd rather leave the
> SATA drive in the IIgs but if I need to I was wondering if it's an option
> for the //e.

Are you referring to a SCSI card in your IIe that failed? If you want to
continue using SCSI devices, you could upgrade to a solid state SCSI disk
emulator such as a SCSI2SD.

--
]DF$
The New Apple II User's Guide: