Apple 3.5 Floppy Disk Drive Interface Card

Steven Nelson

Dec 21, 2022, 2:20:49 PM12/21/22
3.5 drive interface ASCO 504. Which 3.5 drives are meant to be used with this controller? Unidisk 3.5, Apple 3.5, or Apple Super drive? I think not the super drive, but which of the other 3.5 drives? How to tell a unidisk controller from a regular drive? Thnx. --Steve

waynej...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2022, 10:47:22 AM12/22/22
That card is for the 3.5” UniDisk. Probably the easiest way recognize the drive is by looking at the manual eject hole. On the 3.5” UniDisk it’s below the eject button. On other drives it’s in the middle of the eject button with the exception of the Mac only drives which have no eject button

Steven Nelson

Dec 22, 2022, 7:18:02 PM12/22/22
On Thursday, December 22, 2022 at 9:47:22 AM UTC-6, waynej...@gmail.com wrote:
> That card is for the 3.5” UniDisk. Probably the easiest way recognize the drive is by looking at the manual eject hole. On the 3.5” UniDisk it’s below the eject button. On other drives it’s in the middle of the eject button with the exception of the Mac only drives which have no eject button

Thanks! I now know which drives to attach. I have all you mention and want to be sure I choose correctly.

Antony Mauget

Jan 8, 2023, 1:16:55 AM1/8/23