What's in your Apple?

D Finnigan

Oct 13, 2009, 11:46:36 AM10/13/09
Here's a general survey/discussion thread where you can name your Apple(s)
and then list what cards you have in which slots. If all of the slots are
full, then you could give your explanation as to which card(s) are most
important and why.

I'll go first:

un-enhanced Apple //e:

Aux slot: Extended 80-column card
Slot 1: SMT Printech II parallel printer
Slot 2: Super Serial Card
Slot 3: [empty]
Slot 4: Grappler +
Slot 5: Apple 5.25" disk controller
Slot 6: Disk ][ controller
Slot 7: [empty]

This is the only Apple in which I have some cards. I have two IIgs's, but
they are both empty, with only a standard Apple RAM card in each.

I am on the look out for an Apple Mouse II Card!

sfahey

Oct 13, 2009, 12:47:50 PM10/13/09
to dog_cow
To: dog_cow
Re: What's in your Apple?
By: dog_cow to comp.sys.apple2 on Tue Oct 13 2009 03:46 pm

> Here's a general survey/discussion thread where you can name your Apple(s)
> and then list what cards you have in which slots. If all of the slots are

Apple //e Platinum with 8MHz Zip, DualCharGen, ReverseBoot installed.

Aux Slot: Meg80z
Slot 1: Apple Workstation Card
Slot 2: Apple Slinky Card
Slot 3: Uthernet
Slot 4: LittleExpanderPlus
Slot 4 a: Apple SSC
Slot 4 b: ReactiveMicro Mockingboard
Slot 4 c: Apple Mouse Card
Slot 4 d: Freed CP/M
Slot 5: Apple 3.5 Superdrive Card
Slot 6: Apple 5.25 Controller
Slot 7: Carte Blanche - but sometimes a LittleSeven with a CFFA and something
else installed.

Applied //e

Aux Slot: Ramworks III, 3MB, ColorLink, VGA
Slot 1: ParallelPro
Slot 2: SerialPro
Slot 3: Transwarp
Slot 4: Ramfactor 5MB
Slot 5: PCTransporter, dual drive
Slot 6: AE 5.25 controller
Slot 7: Vulcan 40MB

...and a Phasor I swap in.

Sean Fahey
www.a2central.com
bbs.a2central.com

Tempest

Oct 13, 2009, 1:42:48 PM10/13/09
Let's see. I have an Enhanced Apple //e. I'm not sure about the slot
assignments, but currently inside I have:

Super Serial card
Apple 5.25" disk controller card
Mockingboard
Uthernet
Mouse card

A2Aviator

Oct 13, 2009, 2:19:36 PM10/13/09
Looking at the yellow board //e ..

The content changes depending on whats going on.. but-

In the Auxiliary Slot, a RAMWorks III quad stack. 2M Plus card, on a
1MB RAMWorks III, with RGB and VGA.
Alternate for the Auxiliary Slot is a Microsoft Premium Softcard with
AE compatible connector for the RGB/VGA stack.

IN#1: Apple II Ethernet Card
IN#2: AE Phasor
IN#3: AE Transwarp II
IN#4: Focus CF
IN#5: FudHead Card
IN#6: RANA Elite Controller 4 Drive Card
IN#7: Corvus OmniNet Transporter

Alternate for Slot 2 atm are AE Super Music Synthesizer and ALF
Synthesizer. Or Slot 1 and 2, if I put the Mountain Music System/Alpha
Syntauri in there which the recent thread peek'ed my curiosity about.

I was messing around DOS 3.3 hard drive partition options, and
multiple ways of dealing with them while emulating the system in place
on the Corvus drive. (Thats not standard Constellation II DOS 3.3
anyway)

Mark Frischknecht

Oct 13, 2009, 5:22:41 PM10/13/09
Platinum //e

Slot 1 Super Serial Card
Slot 2 MS Z80
Slot 3 Transwarp
Slot 4 Mouse Card
Slot 5 Empty
Slot 6 Disk II Controller
Slot 7 Focus Card
Aux Ramworks III w VGA card

IIGS Rom 03

Slot 1 Apple HS Scsi
Slot 2 TWGS 12.5
Slot 3 IIGS Stereo sound card (Don't know which one)
Slot 4 LanCE GS
Slot 7 CFFA
Ram Sirius Ram w/ 8 Mb
--
Close this world. txen eht nepO

Mark Frischknecht

Polymorph

Oct 13, 2009, 6:10:19 PM10/13/09
to dog_cow
To: dog_cow

Here's my inventory of setup Apple's:

My IIgs (which has pride of place on my desk):
Slot 1: Apple High Speed SCSI
Slot 2: Empty
Slot 3: 12.5MHz Zip GSX
Slot 4: Empty (Recently removed an original Applicard Z80)
Slot 5: My home-built TDX Stereo card
Slot 6: Empty
Slot 7: CFFA with 2Gb CF card
Mem Ex: 4Mb GS Juice Plus

Kids IIgs (which has pride of place on my wife's desk!):
Slot 1: Empty
Slot 2: Empty
Slot 3: Empty
Slot 4: Empty
Slot 5: Disk ][ Controller (Usually not activated in control panel)
Slot 6: CMS SCSI II (with 900Mb drive attached)
Slot 7: Empty
Mem Ex: 4Mb Digicard

Enhanced //e (which lives in the cupboard most of the time):
Slot 1: Parallel printer card (Grappler+ clone)

Slot 2: Super Serial Card

Slot 3: 80 Col Card
Slot 4: Mouse Card
Slot 5: Applicard Z80
Slot 6: 5.25" Drive Controller

Cheers,
Mike

e p chandler

Oct 13, 2009, 6:23:19 PM10/13/09

My current machine (un-enhanced 2e) has

aux: premium softcard 2e
1: clone parallel printer card
2: super serial card
4: thunderclock +
6: disk 2

My old 2+ had:

0: Saturn 128k ram card
1: Grappler + printer card
2: super serial card
3: Videx 80 col board
4: thunderclock + / integer rom card
5: Softcard CP/M
6: disk 2
7: Saturn accelerator

also had a Videx enhancer 2 keyboard encoder + function strip.

--- Elliot

Nama

Oct 13, 2009, 7:51:50 PM10/13/09
My Apple II (with II+ roms) has:

0: Saturn 128k ram card

1: CFFA #1
2: Super Serial Card (SSC)
3: Carte Blanche (was Microsoft Z80)
4: Uthernet
5: Echo II
6: Disk II
7: CFFA #2

Now that I Have the Carte Blanche card, I think I need to move things
around a little, but I'm still trying to think what is the best
config.

Phil

Dutch

Oct 13, 2009, 10:46:32 PM10/13/09
Enhanced //e (with Senior PROM 3.01)

Slot 1: Apricorn Super Serial Imager

Slot 2: Super Serial Card

Slot 3: Empty
Slot 4: Apple Mouse Card
Slot 5: Fourth Dimension Parallel Card
Slot 6: 5.25 Controller
Slot 7: Empty (was Z80 Applicard)
Aux: standard //e 64K/80 column card.

ROM 3 GS

Slot 1: Grappler + Parallel
Slot 2: Super Serial Card (for older non-Z8530 friendly apps)
Slot 3: Empy
Slot 4: Uthernet Card
Slot 5: TDX Stereo Card
Slot 6: Empty
Slot 7: Empty
Memory: 4MB Briel Ram Card

-Dutch

mdj

Oct 13, 2009, 11:32:01 PM10/13/09
On Oct 14, 1:46 am, dog_...@macgui.com (D Finnigan) wrote:
> Here's a general survey/discussion thread where you can name your Apple(s)
> and then list what cards you have in which slots. If all of the slots are
> full, then you could give your explanation as to which card(s) are most
> important and why.

The one I actually use:

Platinum IIe with
1. Workstation Card or Super Serial as the occasion demands
2. Timemaster II HO
3. Videx Ultraterm
4. Mouse
5. Superdrive controller
6. Disk ][
7. Rev C SCSI

AUX: RamWorks III with 1mb installed and an RGB option card
Accel: 4Mhz Zip

There is also an ancillary option (home built) that gives me a
'programmers switch' for manually generating IRQ and NMI signals

Usually slot 1 has something else I'm working/playing on, like a Focus
card or Carte Blanche. I'm hoping that when Carte Blance has more
mature images I can retire many of the devices in there. The
superdrive is in there because I used to use it to sneakernet data on/
off the PC, as is the workstation card. I have a rs-232 to bluetooth
dongle attached to the super serial card and I find that combined with
ProTerm a pretty good combination for data transfers without having to
leave my seat (which is what I used the Workstation card for)

I consider the ultraterm a *must* for long hours in front of a 60Hz
CRT. Used to use a 1084s commodore monitor attached to the RGB port,
but clarity wins out over colour these days. I hope the Carte Blache
will eventually provide both.

About the only thing I want for is a faster accelerator (my 8Mhz zip
expired and I had to use a Transwarp until I found a cheap enough 4Mhz
zip to replace it) and more RAM on the RamWorks. I am sure the CB will
eventually provide the former, and that Henry will come to the party
with an extender card for the RamWorks.

Of course, I have good examples of other machines, but these are
packed away - it's the IIe that I'm both nostalgically and technically
attracted to, something that has never changed since the day I first
laid eyes on one.

Matt

atfphot...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2009, 11:58:21 PM10/13/09
Hello,

I was having fun with this so I added floppy drives, power supply
units and operating systems to my list. These are four different
machines I've been restoring over time (cleaning, retrobrighting all
the cases, new capacitors on cards and motherboards as well as
replacing power supplies but keeping the original chassis to hide the
modifications).

Think I've got the card order right in most of them.

Enjoy!

ATF

- Apple IIgs ROM 03
Slot 1: Uthernet Ethernet Card
Slot 2: MDIdeas Supersonic Sound Card
Slot 3: AE Transwarp GS - Upgraded to 15MHz (New GAL chips, 32k cache
and 60 MHz Oscillator)
Slot 4: Digital Vision Computer Eyes IIgs Capture Card
Slot 5: Apple 3.5" FD SuperDrive Card
Slot 6: Precision Software Fingerprint GSi+ Screen Capture Card
Slot 7: IIgs MicroDrive/Turbo IDE Controller - 256 megabyte CF Card
Mem Ex: Sirius RAM IIgs 8 megabyte Memory Card

Floppy Drives: AE HD 3.5", AE 3.5" 800k, AE 5.25"
Power Supply: miniATX 150w PS w/ Little Power IIgs integrated into
original IIgs power supply chassis
Operating System: ProDOS, GS/OS

- Apple IIgs ROM 03
Slot 1: AST Vision Plus (trying to figure out what this actually does)
Slot 2: Empty
Slot 3: AE Transwarp GS - Upgraded to 15MHz (New GAL chips, 32k cache
and 60 MHz Oscillator)
Slot 4: Digital Vision Computer Eyes IIgs Capture Card
Slot 5: Empty
Slot 6: Fingerprint GSi+ Screen Capture Card
Slot 7: AE Vulcan Gold IIgs ROM 2.0 Hard Drive Card w/ 105mb Hard
Drive
Mem Ex: AE GS-RAM Plus w/ 6 megabytes of memory & AE RamKeeper IIgs
Power Backup Card

Floppy Drives: (2) AE 3.5" 800k, (2) Apple 5.25"
Power Supply: miniATX 120w PS w/ Little Power IIgs integrated into
original IIgs power supply chassis
Operating System: ProDOS, GS/OS

- Apple IIe Platinum Enhanced with 4MHz Zip Chip 4000, No-Slot Clock
Slot 1: Uthernet Ethernet
Slot 2: Apple II Super Serial Card
Slot 3: Apple IIe Mouse Card
Slot 4: AE RamFactor 1 megabyte Memory Card
Slot 5: Apple 5.25" Disk Controller
Slot 6: IIe MicroDrive IDE Controller - 128 megabyte CF Card
Slot 7: Universal Drive Controller for Apple 3.5" & Chinon 3.5" 800k
Floppy Drives
Mem Ex: AE RamWorks III w/ 1.5 megabytes - Apple II VGA Adapter Card

Floppy Drives: (2) Apple 3.5" 800k, (2) Apple 5.25"
Power Supply: miniATX 150w PS w/ Little Power IIe integrated into
original IIe power supply chassis
Operating System: DOS, ProDOS, GEOS

- Apple IIe Beige Enhanced
Slot 1: Apple II Super Serial Card
Slot 2: AE TimeMaster II H.O. Clock
Slot 3: AE Transwarp - 4MHz CPU Accelerator
Slot 4: Apple IIe Mouse Card
Slot 5: Apple 3.5" Unidisk Liron Card for Apple 3.5" Unidisk Drive
Slot 6: Apple 5.25" Disk Controller
Slot 7: AE Vulcan IIe w/ 105 megabyte Hard Drive (still hunting for
IIe ROM - soon!)
Mem Ex: AE RamWorks III w/ 1.5 megabytes & AE ColorLink RGB/CGA Video
Card

Floppy Drives: Apple DuoDisk 5.25", Apple 3.5" 800k Unidisk
Power Supply: AE Vulcan Power Supply - refurbished with new caps
Operating System: DOS, ProDOS, GEOS

Dutch

Oct 14, 2009, 12:16:05 AM10/14/09

> ROM 3 GS
>
> Slot 1:  Grappler + Parallel
> Slot 2:  Super Serial Card  (for older non-Z8530 friendly apps)
> Slot 3:  Empy
> Slot 4:  Uthernet Card
> Slot 5:  TDX Stereo Card
> Slot 6:  Empty
> Slot 7:  Empty
> Memory:  4MB Briel Ram Card

oops, EDIT: Slot 7: ///SHH Microdrive

I knew there was something else in there. :)

Oracle

Oct 14, 2009, 6:15:28 AM10/14/09
>On 13 Ott, 17:46, dog_...@macgui.com (D Finnigan) wrote:

My Jewels:

CFFA IIgs (Rom 3):
Slot 1: Empty
Slot 2: Uthernet
Slot 3: 8 Mhz Zip GSX
Slot 4: Empty
Slot 5: Empty
Slot 6: Empty

Slot 7: CFFA with 2Gb CF card

Mem Ex: 4Mb AE GS Ram Ultra

SCSI IIgs (Rom 3, it lives in my Father's home):
Slot 1: Grappler +
Slot 2: Empty
Slot 3: 8 Mhz Zip GSX
Slot 4: Apple Slinky Ram Card 1Mb

Slot 5: Disk ][ Controller (Usually not activated in control panel)

Slot 6: Empty
Slot 7: Apple SCSI Rev C + 2 zip 100Mb + CD Rom 300 plus
Mem Ex: 4Mb Briel 4Meg GS Ram Card

Some times I put in AE Sonic Blaster, Pc transporter, Z80 Card,
Vitesse Quickie Scanner etc.

IIe (full of dust -_- ):
Slot 1: Apple Parallel card (Grappler+ clone)
Slot 2: Apple Super Serial Card
Slot 3: Empty

Slot 4: Mouse Card
Slot 5: Applicard Z80

Slot 6: Apple I/O Controller
Aux 64Kb/80 col.

Another interesting question may be "what printer are you using?".

Best regards from Italy.

Mauro

Steven Hirsch

Oct 14, 2009, 7:42:53 AM10/14/09
A2Aviator wrote:

> Alternate for the Auxiliary Slot is a Microsoft Premium Softcard with
> AE compatible connector for the RGB/VGA stack.

Tony, would you mind elaborating a bit on this?

Steven Hirsch

Oct 14, 2009, 7:50:10 AM10/14/09
D Finnigan wrote:

> Here's a general survey/discussion thread where you can name your Apple(s)
> and then list what cards you have in which slots.

My primary //e (Platinum):

Aux: 512KB Ramworks II w/ 2MB piggyback
Slot 1: AE Transwarp w/ 65C802 CPU
Slot 2: CardZ180 (Hitachi 64180 based CP/M card)
Slot 3: Taurus 8" disk controller (No ROM, works fine in S3)
Slot 4: CFFA
Slot 5: Superdrive controller
Slot 7: Apple 2 Workstation card (Localtalk network)

More later when I can actually pop the covers on the other boxen..

Drew

Oct 14, 2009, 9:02:19 AM10/14/09
My main GS :-

Rom 3
Slot 1: Uthernet
Slot 2: Empty
Slot 3: AE Transwarp GS 10Mhz 32K Cache Card (won't go higher
reliably)
Slot 4: Empty
Slot 5: Apple Super Drive Controller
Slot 6: AE Audio Animator Card
Slot 7: CFFA with 4Gb CF
Mem Ex: 4Mb RAMGS

Might as well add :-
LittlePowerGS with 80W MiniATX
2 x Apple 3.5 Superdrives (Upgraded 800k)
Commordore 1084S D2

Cheers
Drew

mwillegal

Oct 14, 2009, 1:02:51 PM10/14/09
I have two built up A2 systems.

My original machine and primary user machine, set up similar to how I
had it in late 70s, just before it fell into disuse.
Rev 0 replica motherboard with Integer ROMs & 48K DRAM
slot 0: Applesoft Firmware card
slot2: super serial card (recent addition to facilitate ADT backups of
my old disks)
slot 6: disk 2 controller (recently updated with DOS 3.3 PROMs and a
second drive to facilitate backups)
2 Apple Game Paddles

Novelty Apple II, set up exactly like my original A2, as purchased
Rev 0 replica motherboard with Integer ROMs & 4K DRAM
Original Radio Shack cassette tape drive
2 Apple Game Paddles
Sup'r Mod RF modulator

A2Aviator

Oct 14, 2009, 2:01:38 PM10/14/09
I forgot about the IIgs, but it's actually quite plainly empty. It's
got 16 Sector stuff in it, and an EtherWave device so it can get on
the network. Thats about it.

The Microsoft Premium card just as a set of cables attached at the
right points so that I can attach the AE RGB card to it. If the Appli-
Card does not work, and I can't use a Softcard for some reason, I can
use that without loosing the RGB and now, VGA connection.

Steven Hirsch

Oct 14, 2009, 6:21:18 PM10/14/09
A2Aviator wrote:

> The Microsoft Premium card just as a set of cables attached at the
> right points so that I can attach the AE RGB card to it. If the Appli-
> Card does not work, and I can't use a Softcard for some reason, I can
> use that without loosing the RGB and now, VGA connection.

Cool. What VGA adapter uses AUX slot signals? Something new?

A2Aviator

Oct 14, 2009, 7:47:13 PM10/14/09

> Cool.  What VGA adapter uses AUX slot signals?  Something new?

About halfway down ..

http://twitpic.com/photos/y816?page=2

questar

Oct 14, 2009, 8:06:50 PM10/14/09
On Oct 13, 8:46 am, dog_...@macgui.com (D Finnigan) wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------­------------------------------------------------------
Original Apple IIe Beige Unenhanced
When I got it over 20 years ago, I enhanced it, added an 8 Mhz Zip
chip and a NSC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------­------------------------------------------------------
Aux: 64K / 80 column
Slot 1: AE printer interface with NEC 8023
Slot 2: Janeco 128K memory expansion (Saturn compatable)
Slot 3: [empty]
Slot 4: [empty]

Slot 5: Apple 5.25" Disk Controller
Slot 6: Apple 5.25" Disk Controller
Slot 7: AE Z80

Floppy Drives: (2) Apple, 1 Laser 40 track and 1 unknown
Operating System: DOS, ProDOS, Apple Pascal, CPM and CPAM 4.0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------­------------------------------------------------------
Apple IIe Platinum Enhanced with No-Slot Clock
---------------------------------------------------------------------------­------------------------------------------------------
Aux: 64K / 80 column
Slot 1: Printer interface to Sanyo daisy wheel
Slot 2: Apple II Super Serial Card
Slot 3: [empty]

Slot 4: Apple IIe Mouse Card

Slot 5: Apple 5.25" Disk Controller

Slot 6: Apple 5.25" Disk Controller

Slot 7: Microsoft Z80 card

Floppy Drives: (2) Apple 5.25" and (2) original Franklin
Operating System: DOS, ProDOS, Apple Pascal, CPM and CPAM 4.0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------­------------------------------------------------------
Apple IIe Beige Enhanced
---------------------------------------------------------------------------­------------------------------------------------------
Aux: 64K / 80 column
Slot 1: [empty]l
Slot 2: Apple II Super Serial Card
Slot 3: [empty]

Slot 4: Apple IIe Mouse Card

Slot 5: Apple 5.25" Disk Controller

Slot 6: Apple 5.25" Disk Controller

Slot 7: [empty]

Floppy Drives: (2) Apple 5.25" and (2) original Franklin
Operating System: DOS, ProDOS, Apple Pascal, CPM and CPAM 4.0
Have MicroSoft Premimum SC w/ 64k to install in Aux

Steven Hirsch

Oct 14, 2009, 8:42:13 PM10/14/09

Ah, that's the one that's been in the works for a couple of years. Ferdinand
Meyers, right? Didn't realize that it was available. Or, am I jumping to
conclusions?

Mike Spurgeon

Oct 14, 2009, 9:31:18 PM10/14/09

Giorgio Morocutti

Oct 15, 2009, 7:49:48 AM10/15/09

Original Apple IIe Beige Enhanced

Aux: 64K / 80 column

Slot 1: Uthercard
Slot 2: Super serial card
Slot 3: [empty]
Slot 4: Slinky card memory
Slot 5: Microsoft Z80 card
Slot 6: Apple 5.25" Disk Controller for Duodisk
Slot 7: CFFA card

Ciao

Giorgio

Apple II and Apple III forever !!!

Steven Hirsch

Oct 15, 2009, 7:58:34 AM10/15/09

I knew about that page, but there's still no price and no indication that it's
available for purchase. Hopefully it will see the light of day soon!

A2Aviator

Oct 15, 2009, 11:10:54 AM10/15/09
The cards were for all intents, sold only at KFest because they sold
out at KFest except for a //c model that went on eBay.

Another revision is forth-coming.

Mike Spurgeon

Oct 15, 2009, 11:45:09 AM10/15/09
Steven Hirsch wrote:

> I knew about that page, but there's still no price and no indication
> that it's available for purchase.

There's indication that it isn't at present...

schmidtd

Oct 15, 2009, 11:55:50 AM10/15/09
On Oct 15, 7:49 am, Giorgio Morocutti <giorgio.morocu...@alice.it>
wrote:

> Apple II and Apple III forever !!!
Indeed!

My III (256MB, non-plus) contains:

Slot 1: CFFA with BOS program selector - 256MB, 32MB partitions
Slot 2: Uthernet for SOS ADTPro testing
Slot 3: Microsoft Z80 card
Slot 4: Empty (occasionally occupied by a Profile card)

Toinet

Oct 15, 2009, 12:27:43 PM10/15/09
On 13 oct, 20:19, A2Aviator <a2avia...@gmail.com> wrote:

> IN#1: Apple II Ethernet Card

...with the drivers ?

antoine

Tony Cianfaglione

Oct 15, 2009, 2:22:21 PM10/15/09

My platinum IIe and IIc+ (other than the addition of a 1mb Apple IIc
ramcard, a mouse and a IIc flat panel display painted platinum on the IIc+
- to give me portability) don't have anything special hooked to them but
my IIc and IIgs are loaded.

My ROM 03 IIc has an 8mHz ZipChip, a 1mb Ram IIc memory card w/ a
RamDisk, a digital Video 7 box (giving me 16 colours on a digital RGB
monitor), the SmartPort goes out to a CT100c Sequential Systems Chinook
100mb hard drive (partitioned to 4 - 25mb partitions / a mouseable menu
using A2 Desktop v1.1 and loaded with Appleworks 4 and 5.1, PublishIt! 4,
CopyIIPlus v9.1, MultiScribe 2, ProTerm 3.1, DiskMaster 8, TutorTech, a
ton more 8 bit programs) and out to 2 - UniDisk 3.5" drives and an
external 5.25" Drive IIc, a 56k v92 external modem and a Canon inkjet
printer via a GrannySmith IIc-to-parallel printer connector cable and a
mouse and joystick via a switch. SlotScan reports only 1 free slot left
in my IIc.

My ROM 03 GS has a GSRam III card with 8mb ram, a Fingerprint GSi card
in Slot 1, a SoundBlaster card in Slot 2, a Focus card (w/ 1 gb hd with
a Prodos boot partition and HFS partitions so I can move it over to my
other GS's when needed) in Slot 3, a TransWarp GS card running at 16mHz
(w/64 oscillator) in Slot 4, a SuperDrive card in slot 5 going to 2 -
1.44mb SuperDrives, a RamFAST 1mb Rev. D SCSI card (for my Zip and Jazz
drives and a 2 gb external SCSI hard drive (formatted HFS) attached - in
Slot 6 (Slot 6 also has 2 - 5.25" floppy drives switchable via Control
panel when needed) and a 100mb Vulcan Gold hard drive (partitioned to 4 -
25mb ProDOS partitions) in Slot 7, the RGB video goes out to a homemade
VGA adapter running to an NEC MultiSync VGA monitor (capable of syncing
down to 15.75kHz), a 56k v92 external modem, a Canon inkjet printer
running through an OrangeMicro serial-to-parallel printer connection cable
and an AppleTalk cable connection to my Mac Classic II to give me further
connectibility. I use a Kensington SystemSaver and internal mounted fans
to keep the whole thing from doing a meltdown on me.

My Mac Classic II is nothing special except as a companion to my GS
when needed.

rich12345

Oct 15, 2009, 4:04:14 PM10/15/09
On Oct 13, 8:58 pm, "atfphotogra...@gmail.com"

<atfphotogra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was having fun with this so I added floppy drives, power supply
> units and operating systems to my list. These are four different
> machines I've been restoring over time (cleaning, retrobrighting all
> the cases, new capacitors on cards and motherboards as well as
> replacing power supplies but keeping the original chassis to hide the
> modifications).
>
> Think I've got the card order right in most of them.
>
> Enjoy!
>
> ATF
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Slot 1: AST Vision Plus (trying to figure out what this actually does)

NTSC still image capture card. hook it to a camcorder, or a VCR with
really good pause function.

I have the software for the card

D Finnigan

Oct 15, 2009, 4:28:53 PM10/15/09
It seems like most everyone has more exciting/exotic cards than I do, but oh
well!

I'll list my drives:

- 2 Disk ]['s for the //e. However, the //e also has an Apple 5.25" card, so
sometimes I use the nicer IIgs 5.25" drives
- ... of which I have two. So I have 2 Apple 5.25" drives
- then I have 2 Apple 3.5" drives
- and I have one stinker of an Apple UniDisk, 3.5". Man oh man, is that one
weird disk drive!

A2Aviator

Oct 15, 2009, 5:24:54 PM10/15/09
On Oct 15, 1:04 pm, rich12345 <aiiad...@gmail.com> wrote:

> NTSC still image capture card.  hook it to a camcorder, or a VCR with
> really good pause function.
>
> I have the software for the card

..and don't disconnect/connect video with the card 'running' (the
software running) .. it crashes hard.

Likewise, maybe one day I'll release all the specs on upgrades to this
thing.

I have schematics, components to upgrade about 200 cards and about at
least 100 cards as well as even a few new in box ones.

...gotta find the FedEx envelope that contains the schematics, first.
The upgrades are documented in the form of a Hypercard IIgs stack. (or
maybe Hyperstudio) ..

rich12345

Oct 15, 2009, 5:56:51 PM10/15/09
On Oct 15, 2:24 pm, A2Aviator <a2avia...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 15, 1:04 pm, rich12345 <aiiad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > NTSC still image capture card.  hook it to a camcorder, or a VCR with
> > really good pause function.
>
> > I have the software for the card
>

> Likewise, maybe one day I'll release all the specs on upgrades to this
> thing.

upgrade what features/ bugs of the card?

A2Aviator

Oct 15, 2009, 10:51:41 PM10/15/09
Clearer imaging, much less much less likely to crash while operating,
the ability to grab the frames faster and in more detail.

] 3ob

Oct 16, 2009, 10:23:12 AM10/16/09
Platinum IIe

Aux: Ramworks II 1MB + 512K
S#1: Apple Workstation card
S#2: Mouse card
S#3: empty
S#4: 1MB RAMFactor
S#5: Apple Superdrive Controller (with SuperDrive connected)
S#6: Apple 5.25 controller (with 2 drives connected)
S#7: Vulcan 40

Zip8000 and NSC
Original System Saver Platinum version (has the Platinum IIe on the box)

Trying to find someone to part with their Phasor. A trade perhaps?

]3ob

magnusfalkirk

Oct 17, 2009, 3:13:46 PM10/17/09
I'll add my 2 cents worth here:

Apple //c
stock first generation
Apple //c green screen monitor/PS1 5" LCD monitor

Apple //e
Aux slot: Extended 80 column card
Slot 1: Empty

Slot 2: Super Serial Card

Slot 3: Empty
Slot 4: Apple Mouse Card
Slot 5: Empty
Slot 6: Apple 5.25 COntroller Card
Slot 7: Empty
System Saver fan and Apple Color Monitor

ROM 01 GS
All slots empty with the exception of a 4MB memory card.
System Saver GS (I like having the power switches on the front)
Disk Drives: 2 Apple 3.5 800k, 2 Apple 5.25

The 5.25 drives came with the //e but I have them hooked up to the GS
as it is my main Apple //. The //c lives at work and I use it when
there's nothing else going on.

Dean

Robert Boucher

Oct 17, 2009, 11:42:12 PM10/17/09
Haven't noticed many stand alone time cards. Am I the only one?

Apple IIe (still my main computer although I have had several Macs,
presently an iMac)

8mg Zip chip

slot 7 CFFA card
slot 6 1mg Ramfactor
slot 5 high speed SCSI card conected to a 100mg Iomega disk (backup)
slot 4 AE Timemaster
slot 3 empty
slot 2 parallel printer card (dot matrix printer)
slot 1 parallel printer card (letter quality printer)
Aux slot 64k 80 column card with RGB adapter

I haven't used floppy disks in many years.

Rich Jordan

Oct 18, 2009, 2:45:59 AM10/18/09
Apple ][ Plus, 1981 vintage

Slot 0: Apple Language Card
Slot 1: MPI parallel printer card (my MPI 99g is long gone)
Slot 2: Super Serial Card (replaced Hayes MicroModem II; the
MicroCoupler failed)
Slot 3: Videx Ultraterm
Slot 4: Apple Mouse Interface card
Slot 6: Lobo disk controller card

There's also a Lazer Microsystems lower case adapter; I don't recall
the model.

The IIGS (Rom 01) I can't get to right now; its on a desk behind a
wall of boxes. I know it has the following but not certain which
slots

Applied Ingenuity 4MB RAM card
CV RamFast SCSI card (connected to an original CMS 60MB drive)
Innovative Systems FPE
Grappler Plus printer card
Super Sonic stereo card and digitizer _or_ AE sound card (I don't
remember which is installed).
I _think_ there's a Disk 2 card in there also but I don't remember
why. I'll have to unblock it and check.

Giorgio Morocutti

Oct 18, 2009, 3:26:03 AM10/18/09
On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 13:49:48 +0200, Giorgio Morocutti
<giorgio....@alice.it> wrote:

>Original Apple IIe Beige Enhanced
>
>Aux: 64K / 80 column
>Slot 1: Uthercard
>Slot 2: Super serial card
>Slot 3: [empty]
>Slot 4: Slinky card memory
>Slot 5: Microsoft Z80 card
>Slot 6: Apple 5.25" Disk Controller for Duodisk
>Slot 7: CFFA card

Sorry, I have also the no-slot clock in IIe!

brad

Oct 19, 2009, 7:28:17 AM10/19/09
i have an apple //e modified to a "dapple" the dapple has added an extended
keyboard because where the keyboard was is to micro-meter adjustment knobs

it has a dapple logo which replaced the apple //e logo

it has inside a 'dapple modified" accelerator card and a.e card if i
remember right....two red shift cards that are used for hi end graphics
'dapple graphics"

a proslot card in the last slot so you and put 2 cards sideways under the
lip of the //e case thus having an extra card

mouse card/

ae rgb card i think

apple ii scsi card

i forget the rest it works it was used as an alternative to $50k specialty
machines to make hi res images from an electron microscope it went for $15k
new

it boots up have all the books etc and sits there with a waiting for input
box (ie like i have an electron microscope)

we looked at an electron microscope at the univ but chikened out on hitching
it up

anyway found it under the business section as a 'dapple //e computer' like
in 2003 or so i think for $100 or best offer needless to say was only one to
bid

i love missplaced auctions

brad
former sysop lost gonzo bbs

lyricalnanoha

Oct 19, 2009, 3:15:20 PM10/19/09
On Tue, 13 Oct 2009, D Finnigan wrote:

> Here's a general survey/discussion thread where you can name your Apple(s)
> and then list what cards you have in which slots. If all of the slots are
> full, then you could give your explanation as to which card(s) are most
> important and why.

Platinum //e. Super Serial in 2, Z80-clone daughtercard in 4, unidisk
controller in 6. Rest empty.

-uso.

RedskullDC

Oct 21, 2009, 7:09:43 AM10/21/09

"D Finnigan" <dog...@macgui.com> wrote in message

Hi D Finnigan, et al.

I have:

Platinum PAL Apple //e:

Aux slot: Extended 80-column card
Slot 1: Auto-Ice printer card

Slot 2: Super Serial Card

Slot 3: "Slinky" memory card
Slot 4: Carte-Blanche (as of today!)
Slot 5: Unidisk Controller
Slot 6: Apple 5.25" disk controller
Slot 7: CF-IDE / Stellation Mill card

//GS - ROM1
Has a GarberStreet 4MB ram card, otherwise unadorned

//GS - ROM3
Aux: Apple 4MB ram card
Slot 7: CF-IDE
rest empty.

Cheers,
Red

Toinet

Oct 21, 2009, 1:28:43 PM10/21/09
Interesting thread which shows that the //gs is barely used.

On my ROM 03:
slot 1: empty / DoubleTalk (RC Systems) / Porte-Parole (Ediciel)
slot 2: Uthernet
slot 3: Zip GSX 8/32
slot 4: empty
slot 5: (a working) SecondSight 1MB Rev 1.4 (Sequential Systems)
slot 6: empty
slot 7: CFFA version 2 rev B (R&D Automation)
RAM slot: GSRAM 4MB (Pacemark Technologies)

On my ROM 01
slot 1: empty
slot 2: iDisk v1.0 (iDisk Dev Team)
slot 3: Zip GSX ?/?? (it is up to you, Henry)
slot 4: empty
slot 5: Carte Blanche (AppleLogic.org)
slot 6: empty
slot 7: MicroDrive/Turbo Rev 0 7/96 (Joachim Lange)
RAM slot: RamGS 4MB (Sequential Systems)

I also have a //e and //c which I never use and which I will sell in a
few weeks.

Antoine

D Finnigan

Oct 21, 2009, 1:30:49 PM10/21/09
Toinet wrote:
> > Interesting thread which shows that the //gs is barely used.

Also interesting because it shows who reads and posts to this newsgroup. ;-)

Charlie

Oct 21, 2009, 3:41:21 PM10/21/09

> Here's a general survey/discussion thread where you can name your
> Apple(s)
> and then list what cards you have in which slots.

Okay, okay, I wasn't going to take the time to post. I'm having too
much fun with the Carte Blanche card :-)
And for Antoine here's another IIGS.

Apple IIGS ROM 01

slot 1: Carte Blanche (AppleLogic.org)
slot 2: empty

slot 3: Zip GSX 8/32
slot 4: empty

slot 5: empty
slot 6: Apple 5.25" disk controller
slot 7: Apple II High-Speed SCSI Card (with Quality Computers
100MByte QDrive)

RAM slot: RamGS 4MB (Sequential Systems)

Apple //e enhanced

slot 1: Apple II Super Serial Card
slot 6: Apple 5.25" disk controller (to a Duodisk)

The rest of the slots are empty. I don't use the //e much.

Charlie

Warren Ernst

Oct 21, 2009, 7:30:58 PM10/21/09
I'm only going to count the 2 computers that I have up and running in
my office: backups in the closet and in storage don't count.

Enhanced Apple //e (Purchased used for $800 in 1988 for college,
eventually used for tons of Beagle Bros testing. This one is the
emotional favorite.)

Aux Slot: RamWorks III with 1MB
Slot 1: Buffered Grappler +
Slot 2: Super Serial Card clone
Slot 3: Transwarp I
Slot 4: Mouse Card with mouse
Slot 5: Unidisk 3.5 Controller Card with 2 Unidisk 3.5 drives
Slot 6: DuoDisk Controller with DuoDosk Drive
Slot 7: AE RamFactor with 1MB (Slinky-type card)
Under EF ROM: No-Slot Clock
with: External numeric keypad, Monitor II green-screen, Kensington
System Saver //e

Apple IIGS Rom3 (Rom01 Case and spare boards purchased in 2007, with
Rom3 board in 2008. This is the machine I use regularly.)

Mem Slot: Ram4GS 4MB
Slot 1: SuperDrive Controller card with 2 SuperDrives
Slot 2: Internal Serial port
Slot 3: Uthernet ethernet card
Slot 4: ZipGSX 8/64
Slot 5: built-in 3.5" drive controller with 2 Apple 3.5 Drives
Slot 6: built-in 5.25" drive controller with 2 Apple 5.25 drives
Slot 7: CFFA with external CF reader via sleeved IDE cable
with: RGB monitor, Kensington System Saver IIGS

Still fun after all these years...

-Warr

Michael J. Mahon

Oct 22, 2009, 1:50:58 AM10/22/09
Primary development machine:

Enhanced Apple //e with
8MHz Zip Chip
AppleWatch game port clock
NadaNet game port adapter

Aux slot: Checkmate 1MB card
Slot 1: Graffiti parallel printer card

Slot 2: Super Serial Card

Slot 3: [empty]
Slot 4: Appli-card
Slot 5: Apple 3.5" (super)disk controller
Slot 6: Disk ][ controller
Slot 7: CFFA

I also have another Enhanced //e for testing, a ROM 3 IIgs
for testing, and two AppleCrates (I and II), all with NadaNet
adapters, and an 8MHz "//c++" next to my desktop PC.

-michael

NadaNet and AppleCrate II: parallel computing for Apple II computers!
Home page: http://home.comcast.net/~mjmahon

"The wastebasket is our most important design
tool--and it's seriously underused."

D Finnigan

Oct 22, 2009, 10:51:24 AM10/22/09
Michael J. Mahon wrote:

> I also have another Enhanced //e for testing, a ROM 3 IIgs
> for testing, and two AppleCrates (I and II), all with NadaNet
> adapters, and an 8MHz "//c++" next to my desktop PC.

.. thus making you eligible for title of "Nerdiest csa2'er" ;-)

I still haven't built a NadaNet yet, but I'm going to do it, maybe over this
coming summer.

Michael J. Mahon

Oct 22, 2009, 1:07:22 PM10/22/09
D Finnigan wrote:
> Michael J. Mahon wrote:
>
>>I also have another Enhanced //e for testing, a ROM 3 IIgs
>>for testing, and two AppleCrates (I and II), all with NadaNet
>>adapters, and an 8MHz "//c++" next to my desktop PC.
>>

> .. thus making you eligible for title of "Nerdiest csa2'er" ;-)

I resemble that! ;-)

> I still haven't built a NadaNet yet, but I'm going to do it, maybe over this
> coming summer.

Great! It's a real joy watching data streaming over your own wires,
with no significant hardware in the path. ;-)

Knut

Oct 23, 2009, 3:39:25 PM10/23/09
D Finnigan wrote:
> Here's a general survey/discussion thread where you can name your Apple(s)
> and then list what cards you have in which slots. If all of the slots are
> full, then you could give your explanation as to which card(s) are most
> important and why.

The //e is the most used one. The II+ is maybe more just for the collection. It
was what I originally wanted. The //e was the German variety but I have changed
motherboard and keyboard so except for the voltage it is now the US variety
(original parts kept though).

Enhanced Apple //e:

Aux slot: Apple RGB card (Video7)
Slot 1: RamFactor (256K)

Slot 2: Super Serial Card

Slot 3: -
Slot 4: Apple Mouse card
Slot 5: Apple 3.5" SuperDrive disk controller
Slot 6: Disk II controller
Slot 7: -

2 Disk II
1 SuperDrive
1 3.5" Drive

Apple II europlus:

Slot 0: Language card (16K)
Slot 1: Super Serial Card
Slot 2: -
Slot 3: -
Slot 4: -
Slot 5: -
Slot 6: Disk II controller
Slot 7: -

1 Disk II

Knut

macdog

Nov 29, 2009, 2:36:20 PM11/29/09

D Finnigan wrote:
> Here's a general survey/discussion thread where you can name your Apple(s)
> and then list what cards you have in which slots. If all of the slots are
> full, then you could give your explanation as to which card(s) are most
> important and why.

Platinum //E

Aux: Ramworks III with 1 meg onboard
RGB daughterboard
2 meg Plus memory daughterboard

Replacement power supply by Reactive Micro
Power tilt RGB monitor, model A9M0308
System Saver by Kensington

Slot 1: Phasor sound card
Slot 2: Empty
Slot 3: Transwarp II Accelerator by AE
Slot 4: 3.5" small UDC disk controller with 1 EA 3.5" A9M0106 drive
Slot 5: Ramfactor with 1 meg onboard, ramcharger battery back-up
Slot 6: 5.25" controller card with 2 EA 5.25" plat drives
Slot 7: Microdrive from Reactive Micro with 128 meg cf card

I mainly use this top play games....mostly Silvern Castle.

Jamie.