test #2

none Scott Alfter

Dec 18, 2023, 5:32:57 PM12/18/23
Will this work? Passing EDITOR and ORGANIZATION worked...is the From
address OK?

_/_
(IIGS( https://alfter.us/ Top-posting!
\_^_/ >What's the most annoying thing on Usenet?

Kent Dickey

Dec 19, 2023, 2:56:32 PM12/19/23
In article <qM3gN.10483$taff...@fx41.iad>,
I use trn, and I set USER, LOGNAME to the first part of my email address,
and ORGANIZATION and NEWSORG to the hostname.

Kent

Scott Alfter

Dec 21, 2023, 2:22:20 PM12/21/23
In article <ulsshd$661f$1...@dont-email.me>,
Kent Dickey <ke...@provalid.com> wrote:
>In article <qM3gN.10483$taff...@fx41.iad>,
>none) (Scott Alfter <scott@localhost.> wrote:
>>Will this work? Passing EDITOR and ORGANIZATION worked...is the From
>>address OK?
>
>I use trn, and I set USER, LOGNAME to the first part of my email address,
>and ORGANIZATION and NEWSORG to the hostname.

I tried that...still can't override the hostname, except at compile time,
which is what I've done for this reply. It's running in a 32-bit Gentoo
container, as trn doesn't build properly on non-multilib 64-bit Gentoo
without even more tinkering. (I had it working on 64-bit systems for years
and years...not sure what's changed to break it.)