Anyone use a CFFA 3000 in an enhanced //e running a 65816?

Doug Dingus

Aug 2, 2020, 2:23:57 AM8/2/20
I just tried it and the CFFA fails, but all other things appear to work fine. Boots everything from floppy just fine.

I realize a 65816 in a //e is unsupported, but I thought I might ask to see whether there are work arounds, or if later firmware runs, or something one of us knows that I don't. Or maybe it does run fine and I have some other problem with the machine.

The other option might be another disk emulation product. Have any of you run this hardware combination with other SD card, USB, disk emulation products successfully?

The 65816 is in a FastChip //e that I ordered special to do some 65816 programming on my //e.
(and that product works very well otherwise.)

I did try various slot and settings, including bog standard 1mhz.

Doug Dingus

Aug 2, 2020, 2:40:25 AM8/2/20
http://dreher.net/forum1/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=560&sid=3ed408a4950156df808462f05bd2cea7#p1572

I am going to run newer firmware and report back. My CFFA is CPLD 6.

Now to track down CF card and adapter...

qkumba

Aug 2, 2020, 12:05:58 PM8/2/20
Also turn off dip-switch 7 to avoid the GS-specific features from being activated.

Doug Dingus

Aug 16, 2020, 11:25:55 AM8/16/20
Just did the update. Everything works, all DIP switches in the off position. CFFA Boot seems to override the Fast Chip esc boot menu.

I'll have to try adding a boot delay, and or just configuring the CFFA to not boot an image when I want to configure the Fast Chip '816. Now that it boots, I have to run a few games a bit faster. (thanks, you know who you are) Get that out of my system, then play with all the options some.

For passers by in the future:

http://dreher.net/projects/CFforAppleII/downloads/CFFA3000/CFFA3000_CFv1.5.zip Works well with a Fast Chip running a 65816 in an enhanced //e