Huge lot of Apple IIe and IIGS hardware and software in Dayton OH

John Townsend

Aug 30, 2022, 8:38:22 PM8/30/22
So I've been away from my beloved Apple II and this community for a very long time (busy using all I learned from it to make a great career, y'know), but as I near retirement it's time for a radical downsize. If you're near the Dayton, OH area and can give this stuff the attention it deserves, let me know. I literally have thousands of original and copied 5.25" and 3.5" Apple II software disks, books & manuals, and high-end hardware available. It hasn't been touched in years, so I can't guarantee anything works, but it most of it did when it was gently stored. Just let me know if you're interested and I'm happy to give more detail, but if you're an enthusiast within a few hundred miles, it'll certainly be worth the drive.

fadden

Aug 31, 2022, 10:58:40 AM8/31/22
On Tuesday, August 30, 2022 at 5:38:22 PM UTC-7, johntown...@gmail.com wrote:
> Just let me know if you're interested and I'm happy to give more detail, but if you're an enthusiast within a few hundred miles, it'll certainly be worth the drive.

FWIW, I've recently given away a bunch of stuff that I didn't actually think anybody would want... an ImageWriter II that didn't power on, two Mac Classics without hard drives, a "high resolution" AppleColor RGB monitor that only works with certain Macs. Social networks like Facebook Marketplace have ways to post "free stuff" messages that are only visible to a local area. Apparently eBay has "local only" options for stuff you want to sell but don't want to ship.

I'm very confident you'll be able to find a nice home for all your stuff, but if you haven't already you may want to explore sites that allow a tighter geographic focus.

martindo...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2022, 11:46:47 AM8/31/22
On Tuesday, August 30, 2022 at 8:38:22 PM UTC-4, johntown...@gmail.com wrote:
> if you're an enthusiast within a few hundred miles, it'll certainly be worth the drive.

Dammit I just passed through Dayton on my way to Kansasfest from Pittsburgh in late July (and again on the way home), I wish the timing had been better! Although the car was pretty full with Garage Giveaway goodies so maybe wouldn't have worked.

What would you like to re-home? I could contemplate a day trip to western Ohio.

John Townsend

Aug 31, 2022, 6:44:31 PM8/31/22
On Wednesday, August 31, 2022 at 11:46:47 AM UTC-4, martin....@undisclosed.com wrote:
> Dammit I just passed through Dayton on my way to Kansasfest from Pittsburgh in late July (and again on the way home), I wish the timing had been better! Although the car was pretty full with Garage Giveaway goodies so maybe wouldn't have worked.
>
> What would you like to re-home? I could contemplate a day trip to western Ohio.

Oh geez, I've got a IIe and IIGS both with all slots filled, I'll have to pull them out to see what's there. One of the later goals I had was to put the IIGS in a tower case, and I even got a BlueDisk MS-DOS controller card from Joachim Lange (///SHH Systeme) in Germany. There are two Imagewriter LQ's, one was working and the other was for parts, with a bunch of extra ribbons. Bins and bins and more bins of disks, and boxes of technical/programming documentation. At one time I bought out a guy's original software collection who was really into adventure games of all sorts, but I never got into that and would have to look if that interests anyone. I could go on. I'm unburying stuff now, and I can get some pictures, I'm more afraid I'll change my mind if I start looking through it, but there's no way. I also have an original 1984 Macintosh with team signatures inside the case, but that's gotta be worth something.

-- JT

magnusfalkirk

Sep 1, 2022, 4:46:59 PM9/1/22
I'm in western Oklahoma and would be interested in the software, especially the adventure game stuff. Of course also whatever else you have that might be interesting. I could head your way on Sat and be there by Sun, I'm retired so no worries about missing any work.
Message has been deleted

John Townsend

Sep 2, 2022, 1:13:56 PM9/2/22
I'll be around this weekend (but moving stuff between houses) and if you get here you can take what you like. You (or anyone else) can email me at jetownsend [at] mac [dot] com to make plans in the near future. If you put "Apple2" in the subject that'll help make messages noticeable. I'm radically downsizing and need to be done with this in a week or two. Thanks!

-- JT

magnusfalkirk

Sep 2, 2022, 2:49:36 PM9/2/22
PM sent

magnus

martindo...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2022, 4:11:22 PM9/2/22
I can also show up on Sunday ... I'm sure between magnus and me, we can solve your problem!

PM sent.

Martin

John Townsend

Sep 2, 2022, 9:45:16 PM9/2/22
Thanks, guys, I've replied to each of you. Looking forward to Sunday afternoon! Drive carefully!

-- JT

Ron McGill

Oct 27, 2023, 5:01:24 PM10/27/23
Hello John,
A shot in the dark here but do you have any of the 12” Apple Color RGB Monitor Apple color A2M6014 for the iigs? Anything else you might have to sell as well. Thanks!