Diamond Mine

ra...@palaveev.org

Apr 17, 2022, 12:23:12 PM4/17/22
Hi, I found a ProDOS version of Diamond Mine which appears to be freezing after completing level 1. https://www.apple.asimov.net/images/games/collections/san_inc_prodos/diamond%20mine%2018k%20file%20PRODOS%20%28san%20inc%20crack%29.dsk

qkumba

Apr 17, 2022, 10:23:58 PM4/17/22
Thanks. I've uploaded the fixed version. The version in Total Replay works. I must have forgotten to update this one.

Ant

Apr 19, 2022, 2:15:40 AM4/19/22
qkumba <peter....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks. I've uploaded the fixed version. The version in Total Replay works. I must have forgotten to update this one.

I loved this game back in the rad 80s as a callow. I think I got up to level 10.
--
Are spring break and tax season over yet?
| |o o| |

Oliver Schmidt

Apr 19, 2022, 5:12:07 AM4/19/22
> I loved this game back in the rad 80s as a callow. I think I got up to level 10.

I had an RGB card and a DIY cable with a SCART
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCART) plug. Together with a DIY joystick
extension, this allowed us to play Apple II games on the big screen with
colors. Diamond Mine was our favorite when doing so. Very nice memories :-)

Michael 'AppleWin Debugger Dev'

Apr 19, 2022, 12:42:12 PM4/19/22
> I loved this game back in the rad 80s as a callow. I think I got up to level 10.

It was fun game! Back in the late 80's / early 90's I reverse engineered all the passwords, sadly which I've long lost. I was going to do that again but I see there is a great FAQ by Andrew Schultz that already contains them and level guides:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/appleii/565838-diamond-mine/faqs/13987

Michael

Ant

Apr 19, 2022, 8:15:04 PM4/19/22
Wow, 35 levels and then repeats back to level 1 with more bad guys.
--
Yesterday was still kind of crowded outside. The Batman was overrated!