Softape Fighter Pilot

magnusfalkirk

Jan 18, 2022, 5:35:29 PM1/18/22
I was fooling around with OpenEmu, playing some old Atari 2600 games. Someone hacked Space Attack into a sort of Battlestar Galactica game (the original from 1978 not the SyFy remake). Anyway out of curiosity I opened up Firefox and did a search for "Battlestar Galactica Apple II game". It came up with this result:

https://www.uvlist.net/game-174450-Fighter+Pilot

among others. I started searching the web for a tape or disk copy of the game. Found it listed on the Brutal Deluxe website under Softape games, but unfortunately no cassette or disk image! Does anyone know where I can find a copy of this game. I'm a fan of the original Galactica and would like to be able to play this game.

Thanks in advance,
magnus

fadden

Jan 19, 2022, 1:14:31 AM1/19/22

Antoine Vignau

Jan 19, 2022, 1:58:50 PM1/19/22
Hi Magnus,

Download the ZZZ file from http://www.brutaldeluxe.fr/public/

Antoine

magnusfalkirk

Jan 19, 2022, 5:29:27 PM1/19/22
Thanks to both of you! I downloaded the link from fadden and Antoine. I'll give both a try tonight.

magnusfalkirk

Jan 19, 2022, 8:35:09 PM1/19/22
Found an article on Wikipedia here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Battlestar_Galactica_video_games that lists all the Battlestar Galactica video/computer games. Found out that Mattel Space Attack for the Atari 2600 was designed as a Battlestar Galactica game, but when Mattel didn't get the license for a Battlestar Galactica game they change the title but the graphics are still Battlestar Galactica.

Fighter Pilot on the disk images from your links is a definite Galactica style game. Thanks again!