Pulling DMA low

Anthony Ortiz

Aug 23, 2022, 1:53:13 PM8/23/22
Sorry for what might be a stupid question but I’ve been pulling the DMA line low by setting my gpio pin to output and clearing it, which sends a digital zero to the Dma line and that seems to work. However, searching online I see mention of simulating an open collector output by setting the gpio to input instead. I would like to do this the right way, so I’m wondering what the correct method is, and whether connecting it to ground will suffice.

Thanks in advance!

Michael J. Mahon

Sep 6, 2022, 8:41:10 PM9/6/22
If I understand correctly, to assert /DMA you switch the GPIO to “output”
and output “0”, and to de-assert it you switch the GPIO to “input”.

This is the functional equivalent of using an open collector gate, so
you’re fine!

Anthony Ortiz

Sep 6, 2022, 8:57:24 PM9/6/22
> If I understand correctly, to assert /DMA you switch the GPIO to “output”
> and output “0”, and to de-assert it you switch the GPIO to “input”.
>
> This is the functional equivalent of using an open collector gate, so
> you’re fine!
>
> --
> -michael - NadaNet 3.1 and AppleCrate II: http://michaeljmahon.com

Thanks Michael! You're the man!!