One of my Favorite Demos: Bit Bucket

Thomas Kotowski

Jan 6, 2024, 1:37:34 PMJan 6
Do any of you have a working version of this disk program. A copy is located at
https://archive.org/details/apple_ii_library_compilations?page=12
and the disk name is: cple Animals - Animations - Biorhythm - Bit Bucket - Echo - 6502 Simulator - Sleepy Time - Star Wars
The version of Bit Bucket in this dsk does not work. Thanks for the help.

fadden

Jan 7, 2024, 10:49:36 AMJan 7
The file is:

https://archive.org/details/a2_cple_Animals_Animations_Biorhythm_Bit_Bucket_Echo_6502_Simulator_Sleepy_Time_Sta

The equivalent on Asimov also has a corrupted file:

https://www.apple.asimov.net/images/games/file_based/animals_animations_biorhythm_bitbucket_echo_6502simulator_sleepytime_starwars.dsk

31 IF SCRN(X,0)#0 THEN 30
32928 ,(, STEP STEP , NEXT NEXT STEP NEXT ABS SGN ABS U END V ABS
W PDL
45 A= PEEK (-16336)+ PEEK (-16336)

Looking at the MDC output for my Asimov mirror (there's a copy on
https://faddensoftware.com/), it appears in five disk images. One of
them is 1157 bytes rather than 585. A quick look at it suggests the
program is the same but has had a title screen added. I tried it and it
works.

The file is on this disk:

https://www.apple.asimov.net/images/misc/3d0g_knight_collection/080b%20-%20MicroTyping%20Tutor%20Demos.dsk

The disk isn't bootable, so boot up something with Integer BASIC on it
(e.g. the System Master) and run it from there.

Thomas Kotowski

Jan 11, 2024, 1:53:42 PMJan 11
Thanks for looking into this. The "Bit Bucket" program from asimov does not crash, but the output to the screen is a jumbled mess. There was probably an original disk which got compiled along with others into one disk. Thanks again for the assistance. Tom K.