Appleodion?

Jayson Smith

Jan 18, 2022, 11:01:43 PM1/18/22

Just as a bit of historical interest, I'm looking for a good I.E. as
close to the original as possible version of an ancient Apple II program
called Appleodion. It's an Integer Basic program to create music, and
the original cassette also came with three Bach fugues. There's a copy
at https://www.brutaldeluxe.fr/projects/cassettes/rainbowcomputing/ but
it's in pretty bad shape. The quality of the audio on the tape is
horrible, and it's obvious if you listen to it that one or more
unfortunate events befell that poor tape before it was digitized. Does
anyone know of a better copy floating around somewhere?

I have a copy of Appleodion on a disk of music programs, but it's
obviously not the pure original as it's been updated to load the Bach
file from disk, whereas I assume the original was a purely
cassette-based affair. The file of Bach fugues is also interesting, in
that whereas the cassette copy linked above stops at a particular point,
the copy I have on disk continues, but with obviously a bit of
corruption because the octaves, etc. are all wrong, but you can tell
it's trying to complete the third fugue. If anyone wants a copy of what
I have so you can see what I'm talking about, I'd be happy to provide it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jayson
jqxwxwxwxwxwwxzqzqzqxwxwxzayxwxwxwxwwwxbxwxqwxxwzwxqxwzxwqwxzwxwxbxwiwxrwxwxdwwxwxxwqzxwwxwwxwqxwzxw@wxqwxwxqxwzwxzxwqxwqxwzwxxwzxwbxwlwuexqwzwxqwxzwxgxwrxwawxswxxwqxwzxwqzxwxwxwxxwxwxwxwwxqzspxwxwxwawxlwqxwxzwxqzwxwxxwwxwqqqzzzxwxwxwxwxws.zqzzzzxwxwxzqqqxwqxwxwqxwqxwqxwqxwxcwxwqxwzxwxqxwzxzwwqxqzzzzqxwxzwxwoxwxqwxqwxqwxxzwxzwxwzxwxqwqzzzxwxwxwxwxqqwxzwxwqxzqmzqxwxwzxwxwxqwxzwxqxxwzwxqzzqqzqzqzqzz
Remove q, z, w, and x to reply via Email

Antoine Vignau

Jan 19, 2022, 2:00:56 PM1/19/22
Hi Jayson,

Please try the audio files at http://www.brutaldeluxe.fr/public/appleodion/

Antoine

Jayson Smith

Jan 19, 2022, 10:06:14 PM1/19/22

Thanks, those work. Do you know the history behind that particular tape?
It has one piece of music which can be loaded into Appleodion, and let's
just say whoever entered that particular music into Appleodion seemingly
didn't know much in the way of music theory.

Jayson
--
Remove all qxz from my Email address to reply privately.

Antoine Vignau

Jan 24, 2022, 4:25:24 PM1/24/22
Hi Jayson,
The tape is the Japanese "backup copy" of the original Appleodion tape.
Antoine

Antoine Vignau

Jan 26, 2022, 3:34:25 PM1/26/22
Jayson,
You also have appleodion and musics in the module 4 cassette of the instant library cassette of Softape @ http://www.brutaldeluxe.fr/projects/cassettes/softape/

Antoine

Jayson Smith

Jan 27, 2022, 11:57:53 PM1/27/22

The wav of module 4 side B gives a 404. URL:
http://www.brutaldeluxe.fr/projects/cassettes/softape/k7_softape_module4b.wav.zip

Thanks,

Jayson