Announcing Apple IIgs System Software 6.0.3

roughana

Aug 3, 2015, 6:27:21 AM8/3/15
New release announcement on A2Central:
http://a2central.com/6499/the-source-awakens-system-6-0-3/

Steven Nelson

Aug 8, 2015, 12:07:00 PM8/8/15
Using a Raspberry Pi, I downloaded the Sys603 live instal zip file, and successfully(?) unzipped it to get the Live.Install.po file. Then running GSport and configuring the disks to mount the .po file on S7D8 no new disk shows up on desktop so I try rebooting GSOS, unsuccessfully. GSOS won't boot with the .po file configured to mount. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to boot from the .po file rather than just trying to mount it to look at it's directory? Does it need real hardware rather than GSport emulator?

Inquiring minds want to know ;-)

--Steve

Steven Nelson

Aug 8, 2015, 3:12:47 PM8/8/15
Replying to my previous post. All is well.

I renamed .po file to Live.Install.hdv Reconfigured disks to mount .hdv on s7d8 Rebooted GSOS and installed Sys6.0.3 on a copy of my boot disk and restarted GSport with the new boot disk into System 6.0.3

Ta-da! ;-) See no problems yet. TCP/IP works too.

--Steve

Bill Buckels

Aug 9, 2015, 8:06:36 PM8/9/15
"Steven Nelson" wrote:
>I renamed .po file to Live.Install.hdv

Probably .2mg would have worked as a file extension too now that you thought
of it.

Bill

John Brooks

Oct 8, 2015, 4:51:47 PM10/8/15
I installed 6.0.3 last night and ran into a possible bug in the install script which caused the install to fail halfway through leaving my boot disk in an incomplete state.

The problem was that the root directory filled up partway through the install which caused the installer to abort before completing.

It looks like the installer copied a 'what's new' file into the root which took the last unused directory entry. Then when the installer went to copy prodos or something important, the directory was full, aborting the install midway.

I worked around the problem by booting off a floppy and then consolidating files at the root of my HD into subdirectories to make room for the new files added by the installer.

-JB