My Juiced.GS came with a floppy disk!

D Finnigan

Jan 1, 2022, 10:11:46 PM1/1/22
I got my issue of Juiced.GS last week and was surprised to find a blue 3.5"
floppy disk in the envelope too! It's a game for the Apple IIgs, and the
magazine talks about it. Has anyone played this game yet?

I don't have my Apple IIgs set up right now, but I should bring it out so I
can play this game.

magnusfalkirk

Jan 2, 2022, 1:51:27 PM1/2/22
I don't have a subscription to Juiced.GS, what is the game that came with you copy?

magnus

D Finnigan

Jan 3, 2022, 8:52:06 AM1/3/22
magnusfalkirk wrote:

> I don't have a subscription to Juiced.GS, what is the game that came with
> you copy?

It's called Passengers of the Wind. It was originally in French. You can
guess who did the translation. ;-)

Tempest

Jan 3, 2022, 9:49:38 AM1/3/22
Is it complete now? I thought the original prototype was playable but not finished.

D Finnigan

Jan 3, 2022, 12:56:33 PM1/3/22
Tempest wrote:
> Is it complete now? I thought the original prototype was playable but not
> finished.

I don't know. Probably the Juiced.GS articles says, but I just skimmed over
it; didn't read the whole thing. :-/

Antoine Vignau

Jan 3, 2022, 4:03:24 PM1/3/22
Happy New Year!

Les passagers du vent (Passengers on the wind) now:
- is finished, you can fully play and discover the missing last picture,
- uses the gfx from the Amiga version, more colors than the original Thomson gfx,
- allows multiple load/save games, whereas the original was limited to one,
- is multilingual, five languages when there were five different versions when it was really released,
- plays a great MIDI Synth music, when the original music was using Note Synthesizer.

In terms of gameplay, the game is the same, but you can finish it (before playing episode 2 ;-))

Enjoy!
Antoine

wyeo

Jan 5, 2022, 1:36:42 AM1/5/22
On wow Antoine, thanks !

Oliver Schmidt

Jan 5, 2022, 2:59:46 AM1/5/22
> On wow Antoine, thanks !

Me too!

Antoine Vignau

Jan 6, 2022, 3:43:23 PM1/6/22
Thank you and Happy New Year!
Apple II forever,
Antoine

D Finnigan

Jan 15, 2022, 8:05:47 PM1/15/22
A week later and still no one else has said anything about playing the game!
How sad! :-(

Well this morning I played it. I made a Disk Copy image of the disk using an
SE/30, then copied the image to a Mac with a Sweet16 emulator to play.

I read the manual too. What an exciting story! And so French. But I need to
read volume 1 of the comic. Anyone know where I can find this? I will not
spend the rest of my days in prison.

--
]DF$
The New Apple II User's Guide: