IIGS Control Panel access from 8bit software

laserac...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2021, 11:37:56 AM1/29/21
I've got a question on the Control Panel access... when in 8bit emulation mode, is it possible to 'lock out' the Control Panel. It seems i have done this by accident... are there any 8bit switches that 6502 or Applesoft can touch to re-enable (or disable) the control panel?

Also for reference, is there anything else related to the control panel, other then
the standard Change the Color, Change the Speed ect you can do with soft switches?

Thanks a ton- Tom
Message has been deleted

I am Rob

Jan 29, 2021, 3:10:01 PM1/29/21
> I've got a question on the Control Panel access... when in 8bit emulation mode, is it possible to 'lock out' the Control Panel. It seems i have done this by accident... are there any 8bit switches that 6502 or Applesoft can touch to re-enable (or disable) the control panel?
>
> Also for reference, is there anything else related to the control panel, other then
> the standard Change the Color, Change the Speed ect you can do with soft switches?

Yes, you can lock out the control panel by disabling interrupts with "SEI".

To unlock, go to the monitor and do:

300: 58 60
300G

Text color, background color, border color, processor speed are the only ones really needed to be accessed from a running program as the rest of the settings don't need to be adjusted on the fly.

The keyboard layout can be changed from softswitches
And the keyboard data register can be read with softswitches
The mouse and clock should be set up in the control panel, but the mouse coords and clock can be read from softswitches.

And all control panel settings are adjustable through a tool call that loads or stores the battery Ram.