Space .GIFs

Peter F Handel

Sep 27, 1994, 9:21:41 PM9/27/94
Ack, I hate to take up bandwidth, but does anyone remember the
ftp address where you could ftp it from? I did it a few days
ago, and got some sweet .FLI's, .GIFs, and .JPGs, but forgot to
write down the address. Please e-mail me. Thanks.
--
___________________________Apple IIGS Forever!______________JesusisLord!_
|Zelix (Peter Handel) Sysop of "SitA IV: GSXpress"|

Joe Kohn

Sep 28, 1994, 11:24:27 AM9/28/94
> does anyone remember the ftp address where you could ftp it from?

ftp? If you used ncftp, you'd never have to remember where you downloaded
stuff from, because ncftp 'remembers' where you've been, and then lets you
get back there from a menu. Once you've tried ncftp, ftp is a PIA.

OTOH, once you've used the World Wide Web, both ftp and ncftp will both
seem like they were developed in the 19th century.

If you use the www, the following URL is NASA's home page. From there,
you'll easily be able to find gigabyte upon gigabyte of space related
graphics.

http://hypatia.gsfc.nasa.gov/NASA_homepage.html/

>Ack, I hate to take up bandwidth

Flames take up much more bandwidth.

Scott Alfter

Sep 29, 1994, 7:16:57 PM9/29/94
In article <667...@f10.n209.z1>, Joe Kohn <jo...@crl.com> wrote:
>> does anyone remember the ftp address where you could ftp it from?
>
>ftp? If you used ncftp, you'd never have to remember where you downloaded
>stuff from, because ncftp 'remembers' where you've been, and then lets you
>get back there from a menu. Once you've tried ncftp, ftp is a PIA.
>
>OTOH, once you've used the World Wide Web, both ftp and ncftp will both
>seem like they were developed in the 19th century.
>
>If you use the www, the following URL is NASA's home page. From there,
>you'll easily be able to find gigabyte upon gigabyte of space related
>graphics.
>
>http://hypatia.gsfc.nasa.gov/NASA_homepage.html/

That still doesn't answer the original question. (Hint: not everyone
has access to W3. Hint2: not everyone wants to bother with the
considerable overhead of using a W3 client to snarf files when FTP is
so much more efficient.)

> >Ack, I hate to take up bandwidth
>
>Flames take up much more bandwidth.

Non-answers take even more. (That W3 page no doubt points to some FTP
sites; perhaps you could list some of those sites.)

_/_ Scott Alfter @ 1:209/263 (Fidonet) Ask me about SoftDAC--digital
/ v \ scott....@skunkworks.genesplicer.org audio for your Apple IIe/IIc!
(IIGS( --===### Why be politically correct when you can be RIGHT? ###===--
\_^_/ --===### Linux. It does more. It costs less. It's that simple. ###===--