PCPI / ProDOS HD using 3.5 inch floppy?

Paul MacMillan

Aug 27, 2021, 3:42:46 PM8/27/21
I am trying to use the Pro/Part ProDOS software to configure a ProDOS hard drive using a 3.5-inch Apple Drive as the "hard drive". This is a Smartport drive (S5,D1 on a IIGS. I get thru all the steps described in the readme, run INSTALL with the new PDOSHD.DVR, but when CP/M reboots it says No PRO_PARTITION found. Is this whole approach doomed to fail or should it be be working...?

A2CPM

Aug 28, 2021, 4:04:38 AM8/28/21
Hi!

On Friday, August 27, 2021 at 3:42:46 PM UTC-4, Paul wrote:
> I am trying to use the Pro/Part ProDOS software to configure a ProDOS hard drive using a 3.5-inch Apple Drive as the "hard drive". This is a Smartport drive (S5,D1 on a IIGS. I get thru all the steps described in the readme, run INSTALL with the new PDOSHD.DVR, but when CP/M reboots it says No PRO_PARTITION found. Is this whole approach doomed to fail or should it be be working...?

Should work. Steven Hirsch, author of Pro/Part, has been seen posting here recently. If he reads this...

Willi

Steven Hirsch

Aug 31, 2021, 9:35:09 AM8/31/21
Steven has seen this and vaguely recalls being able to do this in the distant
past. I'm way too busy with non-computer things at the moment to set up and
try it.