Language card content disk dump

Marc Golombeck

May 25, 2021, 3:01:05 PM5/25/21
Hi there,

is there any simple method to dump the 16k contents of the language card onto Apple II disk and reload it from disk back to the language card?

If there is no direct method maybe only moving the contents to main RAM and using DOS 3.3 routines to BSAVE/BLOAD it from and to main RAM are possible?

Thx,

Marc

qkumba

May 26, 2021, 11:54:38 AM5/26/21
You can BSAVE 12k of it directly if it's active. DOS uses no ROM/LC routines.
BSAVE LC,A$D000,L$3000
to get the other 4kb requires moving it via asm because Basic would be inaccessible during that time.

laserac...@gmail.com

May 27, 2021, 8:54:54 PM5/27/21
I may be wrong on this point... but if Applesoft is active, as like the example below,
wouldnt that cause the system to bomb if other memory is switched in. I do see it
working though if you were doing the BLOAD from assembly routine.?!?
Correct me if I'm wrong, always want to learn new things! -Tom

qkumba

May 28, 2021, 9:14:27 PM5/28/21
Basic code couldn't switch it in and still save to disk. That's why it needs to be active (i.e., integer Basic or some other interpreter).
Otherwise it requires an assembly language routine, and DOS (since ProDOS generally won't let you load into LC, unless it was forced to load low).