Which assembler...

A2CPM

Aug 27, 2021, 9:56:56 AM8/27/21
Hi!

...can assemble the following:
TITL "XYZ"
NAME XYZ
RSEG
TEXP 0
MEXP 0

Willi

fadden

Aug 27, 2021, 10:42:50 AM8/27/21
On Friday, August 27, 2021 at 6:56:56 AM UTC-7, A2CPM wrote:
> ...can assemble the following:

The answer depends on whether those are expected to be built-in directives or are macros.

(For the former case, nothing springs to mind.)

I am Rob

Aug 27, 2021, 11:24:41 PM8/27/21
It looks like you want TITL to be recognized as just ASCII and NAME to be recognized as STRING with a leading string-length value. But most, if not all, assemblers will recognize text-without-quotes as another label so one can do:

ZP EQU 2
ZP1 EQU ZP+1

TEXP and MEXP can be a value or a reserved memory position as in:

TEXP EQU 0
TEXP DB 0

Your assembler is not a mind reader.

I imagine RSEG would be a label to indicate the current position as in:

RSEG EQU *

I have seen this one quite a bit in source, without the "EQU *", but don't know which assembler recognizes it.

A2CPM

Aug 28, 2021, 4:40:00 PM8/28/21
Hi!

The assembler that can handle the code snippet i posted is part of a toolchain used by Franklin Computer for development. The toolchain was written by Dave McWherter. This info was given to me by Bob Applegate, a former employee of Franklin. Obtaining docs for the toolchain would be nice.

Willi