Apollo sys admin manuals wanted

Kurt Nowak

Feb 18, 2012, 10:14:01 PM2/18/12
Anyone have the following two manuals? pdfs would be fine too

Domain/OS System Administration Guide (019001)
Domain/OS System Administration Reference (019208)

Preferably for SR 10.4

Bitsavers.org doesnt have either of them...

I successful installed 10.4 from tape (thanks Jim Reese) on my AA node
but now I am a little stuck with the post installation part..for
instance, I cant log in as root, because I am guessing that the
registry hasnt been set up correctly. I can only log in as
user.none.none.none

Thanks!

email (remove the fruit):
kurt.m...@apple.gmail.com

supervinx

Feb 19, 2012, 8:56:27 AM2/19/12
Give a look here ...
http://homepage.tudelft.nl/01q3u/personal/hp300/Domain%20OS/Domain%20OS.html

I used those infos to set up the new registry after 10.0 fresh install on a DN3500...

--
http://www.supervinx.com/Retrocomputer

Lothar Paltins

Feb 19, 2012, 11:44:11 AM2/19/12
Hi Kurt,

> I successful installed 10.4 from tape (thanks Jim Reese) on my AA node
> but now I am a little stuck with the post installation part..for
> instance, I cant log in as root, because I am guessing that the
> registry hasnt been set up correctly. I can only log in as
> user.none.none.none

Just run

//AA/install/tools/rgy_create

to create a new registry.

Lothar
--
Lothar Paltins lpt...@arcor.de

Kurt Nowak

Feb 19, 2012, 4:22:27 PM2/19/12
> kurt.m.no...@apple.gmail.com

Thanks you two,

I think I know what to do now. Tim Hunkler's site has a good writeup
on exactly this topic...

http://www.hunkler.com/aegis/aegis_registry.htm

I was hoping someone would have the admin manuals for a more thorough
understanding of the sys admin side of Domain/OS...My Aegis command
reference manual was quite helpful too. Al Kossow with bitsavers.org
will have the "Administering the Registry" manual up soon...

Lothar Paltins

Feb 19, 2012, 5:40:23 PM2/19/12
> I was hoping someone would have the admin manuals for a more thorough
> understanding of the sys admin side of Domain/OS...

I could send you a pdf-scan of the "Administering Your DOMAIN System"
manual (0017746 Rev. 06). The OS release isn't mentioned in the manual,
I guess, its for Domain SR9. But I think, there are not much differences
to SR10 regarding the low level system administration. I've got also the
newer "Managing (Aegis|SysV|BSD) System Software" manuals, but
unfortunately, they are hardbacked books so I can't use the paper feed
scanner, scanning them in would be too much work.

Kurt Nowak

Feb 19, 2012, 10:05:47 PM2/19/12
Thanks Lothar,

I think you meant 001746-06, which is already on bitsavers...

http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/apollo/001746-06_Administering_Your_DOMAIN_System_Jun87.pdf

I will have a look at it again...I think I want to look at the newer ones - specifically the registry book. I also have the Managing Aegis/SysV/BSD System Software manuals in hardcopy. I will have a look at them again.

Is there anything you are looking for? I have lots of DN3500 hardware looking for good homes. Some can be scavenged for spare parts too if you need anything in particular.

Cheers,
Kurt

supervinx

Feb 20, 2012, 3:41:54 AM2/20/12

> Is there anything you are looking for? I have lots of DN3500 hardware
> looking for good homes. Some can be scavenged for spare parts too if you
> need anything in particular.
>
> Cheers,
> Kurt

May I ask where do you live ?

--
http://www.supervinx.com/Retrocomputer

supervinx

Feb 20, 2012, 1:29:58 PM2/20/12
I could be interested in some items ...

--
http://www.supervinx.com/Retrocomputer

Lothar Paltins

Feb 20, 2012, 3:18:56 PM2/20/12
> I think you meant 001746-06, which is already on bitsavers...

Yes, it was a typo.

> I will have a look at it again...I think I want to look at the newer ones
> - specifically the registry book. I also have the Managing Aegis/SysV/BSD
> System Software manuals in hardcopy. I will have a look at them again.

These manuals and the pages of Tim Hunkler should give you enough
information to setup a Domain/OS system.

> Is there anything you are looking for? I have lots of DN3500 hardware
> looking for good homes. Some can be scavenged for spare parts too if you
> need anything in particular.

I'm not looking for something special, but I'm always interested in
spare parts for my small Apollo network (currently a DN2500, a DN3500
and an HP9000/433s). A partially assembled DN3000 is also laying around
here. What parts or systems do you have to offer?

Kurt Nowak

Feb 21, 2012, 1:04:03 AM2/21/12
> Lothar Paltins                                        lptm...@arcor.de

Well, seeing that you are in Germany and I am in the States, I think
sending you a complete DN3500 wouldn't be very economical. But if
there are any cards or a power supply I could send you that. I have
about 12 working DN3500s and about 7 seemingly bad ones... Still
sorting out what I have. What would you need to get your DN3000
working again?

Kurt Nowak

Feb 21, 2012, 1:08:15 AM2/21/12
On Feb 20, 12:18 pm, Lothar Paltins <lptm...@arcor.de> wrote:
> Lothar Paltins                                        lptm...@arcor.de

Oh, and I was successful today in getting my registry working based on
Hunkler's site...Also Al Kossow emailed me this morning to inform me
that he uploaded the registry manual for me!!

http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/apollo/015363-A00_Administering_the_Domain_OS_Registry_Sep1990.pdf

supervinx

Feb 21, 2012, 3:17:47 AM2/21/12
I'm looking for some ATR pigtails or cables, to make an ATR network, and
a double-layer ATR card for a DN3000, may be a working QIC-36 Archive
tape (mine has the capstan turned into goo...)
Don't think about Hard disks, since shipment fees are high, due to the
weight... I'll netboot the DN3000 from another DN3500.

--
http://www.supervinx.com/Retrocomputer

Lothar Paltins

Feb 21, 2012, 2:10:43 PM2/21/12
Kurt,

> Well, seeing that you are in Germany and I am in the States, I think
> sending you a complete DN3500 wouldn't be very economical. But if
> there are any cards or a power supply I could send you that. I have
> about 12 working DN3500s and about 7 seemingly bad ones... Still
> sorting out what I have. What would you need to get your DN3000
> working again?

well, in fact I'm trying to make another DN3500 out of the DN3000, just
for fun. I've got a DN3500 motherboard without processor and FPU, but
I've inserted a 50MHz 68030 and 68882 and this seems to work, only the
CPU self test fails. I guess, because it expects the ID of a 25MHz CPU.

Sending a whole system to Germany would indeed be much too expensive,
that's not worth it. What I could use to upgrade my DN3500 are a 3C505
ethernet card, an 8 bit video card, a WD7000 controller, ESDI disks and
some 8MB RAM cards. But sending a 5 1/4" disk would probably also be
much too expensive.

supervinx,

you didn't tell us your real name, so I have to use your pseudonym. I
could send you a dual pc board ATR sandwich for the DN3000, if the
shipment cost from Germany to Italy is acceptable for you. I've got 3 of
them, but I would have to test them first. Don't know, whether they are
still working.

supervinx

Feb 21, 2012, 4:21:43 PM2/21/12
Didn't think the real name was an issue :)

Vincenzo (aka supervinx)

Shipping fees with Hermes, DPD or DHL should be acceptable ...

Do you have some infos on making an ATR cable ?

--
http://www.supervinx.com/Retrocomputer

Lothar Paltins

Feb 21, 2012, 6:01:49 PM2/21/12
Hi Vincenzo,

> Didn't think the real name was an issue :)

not an issue, but I think, it's more polite to use the real name. :)

> Do you have some infos on making an ATR cable ?

There's nothing special, it's simply a 75 Ohm coax cable. But for short
distances (several meters) I never had a problem with 50 Ohm cable. The
"pigtail" adapter simply connects the two coax sockets at the ATR card
to two BNC sockets, so you can connect the output of one node to the
input of the next node using BNC coax cable. The single pins between the
two coax connectors at the ATR card are unused and not connected. If you
only have one node, then you should directly connect the input and the
output.

Is your reply address correct? Then I would send you an email, after I
have tested my ATR adapters.

supervinx

Feb 21, 2012, 8:19:15 PM2/21/12
Supervinx is my nick since the DJ times, supervinx.com is my website... I
got used to it :)

Change "nessuno" into "supervinx" to obtain my real mail address...

Vielen dank !

--
http://www.supervinx.com/Retrocomputer

Kurt Nowak

Feb 22, 2012, 1:22:43 AM2/22/12
Hi Lothar,

Be careful here. The DN3000 is a SAU8 machine where the DN3500 is a
SAU7. This might cause you much unwanted headache. I have a couple of
DN3000, so I will have a closer look at the differences. It could be
that they take different memory modules too. I will have a look at my
"installing Apollo memory booklet". I read your other thread and I
noticed a similar flashing pattern that you described on the display
when I had the wrong memory in a machine. Try taking the memory out
and turning it on - does it make the same pattern as when the memory
is installed? If so, it could be a memory issue and not a frame buffer
issue? I also noticed that the DN3000s that I have have a different
frame buffer...they have what looks like a DB9 connector instead of
the 13W3(ish) looking connector that my DN3500/4500s have. I have
several of the DB9 types. I would be happy to send you one once we
absolutely determine that the one you have will not work. Next,
regarding your network adapter. Did you say you have an ATR adapter or
and 802.3 Ethernet adapter. If you have the ethernet adapter, make
sure you have the correct jumper setting selected, which switches
between Twisted Pair (DIX transceiver) and BNC (coax). I do have lots
of ATR cables, but alas, I only have one ATR hub which I want to keep.
The cables are pretty useless without the hub. Also are you sure you
have your CONFIG set up correctly? Can you send me a printout of your
settings? Lastly regarding a tape drive, I do have several tape
drives, but I suggest you have a new pinch roller made. These old
Archive tape drives are notorious for having the drive rubber "goo" up
with age....This guy: http://www.terrysrubberrollers.com will make you
a brand new one for $35. I had one made for my Sun QIC-150 drive back
in 2007 and I was very happy with his work. Apparently the old rubber
disintegrates with time, so there is no telling when a used roller
will go bad. I'll send you the exact dimensions of the rubber if your
interested. Also regarding tape drives, is yours a SCSI or does it
connect to an Archive board? I read somewhere that you cannot have a
scsi controller and an Archive board in the same machine. If you have
the WD7000 controller then you MUST have the SCSI QIC-36 drive. Send
me some photos of your DN3000 so I can see what you have running
inside...

-Kurt (yes, thats my real name)
email: kurt.m...@apple.gmail.com (remove the fruit)
> Lothar Paltins                                        lptm...@arcor.de

supervinx

Feb 22, 2012, 6:46:08 AM2/22/12
Il Tue, 21 Feb 2012 22:22:43 -0800, Kurt Nowak ha scritto:

> Hi Lothar,

May be you refer to me, Vincenzo aka supervinx ;)
> Be careful here. The DN3000 is a SAU8 machine where the DN3500 is a
> SAU7. This might cause you much unwanted headache. I have a couple of
> DN3000, so I will have a closer look at the differences. It could be
> that they take different memory modules too. I will have a look at my
> "installing Apollo memory booklet". I read your other thread and I
> noticed a similar flashing pattern that you described on the display
> when I had the wrong memory in a machine. Try taking the memory out and
> turning it on - does it make the same pattern as when the memory is
> installed? If so, it could be a memory issue and not a frame buffer
> issue? I also noticed that the DN3000s that I have have a different
> frame buffer...they have what looks like a DB9 connector instead of the
> 13W3(ish) looking connector that my DN3500/4500s have. I have several of
> the DB9 types. I would be happy to send you one once we absolutely
> determine that the one you have will not work.

Memory modules are 2MB in size and of the "approved type". In fact, if I
connect through serial, the DN3000 works. I have been told that 8planes
FB don't work on a DN3000 with such an old eprom like mine. I'm about to
upgrade the eprom...

> Next, regarding your
> network adapter. Did you say you have an ATR adapter or and 802.3
> Ethernet adapter. If you have the ethernet adapter, make sure you have
> the correct jumper setting selected, which switches between Twisted Pair
> (DIX transceiver) and BNC (coax). I do have lots of ATR cables, but
> alas, I only have one ATR hub which I want to keep. The cables are
> pretty useless without the hub. Also are you sure you have your CONFIG
> set up correctly?
The 802.3 card is missing the bootrom. Settings are correct. Since I'm
waiting the new eprom programmer I'll make two new eproms (MD and ethernet
boot) and check it out again...

Without hub, but with cables, I can connect two Apollos in ATR mode...
I own two working DN3500 and ethernet connection works great.
I'm curious to try the ATR...

> Lastly
> regarding a tape drive, I do have several tape drives, but I suggest you
> have a new pinch roller made. These old Archive tape drives are
> notorious for having the drive rubber "goo" up with age....This guy:
> http://www.terrysrubberrollers.com will make you a brand new one for
> $35. I had one made for my Sun QIC-150 drive back in 2007 and I was very
> happy with his work. Apparently the old rubber disintegrates with time,
> so there is no telling when a used roller will go bad. I'll send you the
> exact dimensions of the rubber if your interested. Also regarding tape
> drives, is yours a SCSI or does it connect to an Archive board? I read
> somewhere that you cannot have a scsi controller and an Archive board in
> the same machine. If you have the WD7000 controller then you MUST have
> the SCSI QIC-36 drive. Send me some photos of your DN3000 so I can see
> what you have running inside...
One DN3500 has a WD7000 and SCSI tape (working). Another SCSI tape got
its capstan broken while working. Not turned into goo, but it reduced
dramatically its size, being unusable.
The other DN3500 has a OMTi controller and a floppy, because the two
QIC-36 Archive tape have become gooeish :(
I tried to connect the HD (OMTi formatted and working ) to the WD7000,
but it's not recognized (read error), so I'm stuck with the Archive board.
No spare ESDI disks :(

Then I've a bunch of 400t, 425t, but it's another story ...
--
http://www.supervinx.com/Retrocomputer

Kurt Nowak

Feb 22, 2012, 12:49:13 PM2/22/12
On Feb 22, 3:46 am, supervinx <ness...@libero.it> wrote:
> Il Tue, 21 Feb 2012 22:22:43 -0800, Kurt Nowak ha scritto:
>
> > Hi Lothar,
>
> May be you refer to me, Vincenzo aka supervinx  ;)

Vincenzo,

I think I was correct in refering to Lothar! However, you two have
very similar issues! You have the ethernet without boot rom and Lothar
has the token ring without cables! :)

> > Be careful here. The DN3000 is a SAU8 machine where the DN3500 is a
> > SAU7. This might cause you much unwanted headache. I have a couple of
> > DN3000, so I will have a closer look at the differences. It could be
> > that they take different memory modules too. I will have a look at my
> > "installing Apollo memory booklet". I read your other thread and I
> > noticed a similar flashing pattern that you described on the display
> > when I had the wrong memory in a machine. Try taking the memory out and
> > turning it on - does it make the same pattern as when the memory is
> > installed? If so, it could be a memory issue and not a frame buffer
> > issue? I also noticed that the DN3000s that I have have a different
> > frame buffer...they have what looks like a DB9 connector instead of the
> > 13W3(ish) looking connector that my DN3500/4500s have. I have several of
> > the DB9 types. I would be happy to send you one once we absolutely
> > determine that the one you have will not work.
>
> Memory modules are 2MB in size and of the "approved type". In fact, if I
> connect through serial, the DN3000 works. I have been told that 8planes
> FB don't work on a DN3000 with such an old eprom like mine. I'm about to
> upgrade the eprom...

Ok, thats good. I do have several of the old FBs. I could test one out
and send it to you, if your EPROM experiment fails. It will require a
DB9 cable and probably a DB9 to VGA adapter...

> > Next, regarding your
> > network adapter. Did you say you have an ATR adapter or and 802.3
> > Ethernet adapter. If you have the ethernet adapter, make sure you have
> > the correct jumper setting selected, which switches between Twisted Pair
> > (DIX transceiver) and BNC (coax). I do have lots of ATR cables, but
> > alas, I only have one ATR hub which I want to keep. The cables are
> > pretty useless without the hub. Also are you sure you have your CONFIG
> > set up correctly?
>
> The 802.3 card is missing the bootrom. Settings are correct. Since I'm
> waiting the new eprom programmer I'll make two new eproms (MD and ethernet
> boot) and check it out again...
>
> Without hub, but with cables, I can connect two Apollos in ATR mode...
> I own two working DN3500 and ethernet connection works great.
> I'm curious to try the ATR...

Make sure you back up the old in case somethign goes wrong! :)

> > Lastly
> > regarding a tape drive, I do have several tape drives, but I suggest you
> > have a new pinch roller made. These old Archive tape drives are
> > notorious for having the drive rubber "goo" up with age....This guy:
> >http://www.terrysrubberrollers.comwill make you a brand new one for
> > $35. I had one made for my Sun QIC-150 drive back in 2007 and I was very
> > happy with his work. Apparently the old rubber disintegrates with time,
> > so there is no telling when a used roller will go bad. I'll send you the
> > exact dimensions of the rubber if your interested. Also regarding tape
> > drives, is yours a SCSI or does it connect to an Archive board? I read
> > somewhere that you cannot have a scsi controller and an Archive board in
> > the same machine. If you have the WD7000 controller then you MUST have
> > the SCSI QIC-36 drive. Send me some photos of your DN3000 so I can see
> > what you have running inside...
>
> One DN3500 has a WD7000 and SCSI tape (working). Another SCSI tape got
> its capstan broken while working. Not turned into goo, but it reduced
> dramatically its size, being unusable.

Yes, be careful here. Its very easy to destroy tapes with a bad capsan
roller and tapes nowadays are not cheap! But you can always use your
SCSI DN3500 as your AA machine and re-CONFIG the OMTi DN3500 without
no cartrige drive. Personally, I would have a new capstan made by
Terry, but you might not be willing to spend the money for that. But
be careful with the SCSI capstan and make sure its not getting soft
and gooish too!! All those drives are getting pretty old! Also, I
noticed that the tapes that use the Archive board are faster than the
SCSI tapes...I have both types running.

> The other DN3500 has a OMTi controller and a floppy, because the two
> QIC-36 Archive tape have become gooeish :(
> I tried to connect the HD (OMTi formatted and working ) to the WD7000,
> but it's not recognized (read error), so I'm stuck with the Archive board.
> No spare ESDI disks :(

I dont have any spare ESDI disks either...most seem to be bad, but I
may go and run DEX and FBS on the ones that dont seem to work I
suspect that they have new bad spots. Oh I have lots of work to do!!
Apollos are quite interesting though! :)

> Then I've a bunch of 400t, 425t, but it's another story ...
>

> > -Kurt (yes, thats my real name)
> > email: kurt.m.no...@apple.gmail.com (remove the fruit)
> --http://www.supervinx.com/Retrocomputer- Hide quoted text -

Lothar Paltins

Feb 22, 2012, 3:10:03 PM2/22/12
Hi Kurt,

> I think I was correct in refering to Lothar! However, you two have
> very similar issues! You have the ethernet without boot rom and Lothar
> has the token ring without cables! :)

still not quite correct ;-). In fact, I don't have any issues with my
Apollos, apart from the fact that I'm always looking for spare parts to
upgrade my systems. But the parts that I could use are very hard to
find, especially here in Europe. And I'm watching this news group to
see, if I can help someone with parts or informations. Just recently
I gave a working DN4000 to a guy here in Germany who was looking for an
Apollo machine.

And to your warnings about my DN3000-to-DN3500 conversion. Of course I
didn't try to modify the 3000 motherboard. I've exchanged the whole
board with a DN3500 board, so it's a complete DN3500. Only the case and
the power supply is from the DN3000. And it has an 50MHz processor,
twice as fast as the original one. Of course it doesn't run faster, the
actual clock speed is still 25MHz. But that was the only MC68030 that I
could find.

Kurt Nowak

Feb 22, 2012, 4:54:13 PM2/22/12
> Lothar Paltins                                        lptm...@arcor.de

My apologies for the confusion! I think I am clear now! Let me know if
you need any particular parts.

-Kurt

supervinx

Feb 22, 2012, 5:47:08 PM2/22/12
Let's summarize :)
I'll respect the queue, after Lothar... he was the first to ask ...
If there's something left over I'll be around :D

--
http://www.supervinx.com/Retrocomputer

Lothar Paltins

Feb 23, 2012, 3:22:42 PM2/23/12
supervinx wrote:

> Let's summarize :)
> I'll respect the queue, after Lothar... he was the first to ask ...
> If there's something left over I'll be around :D

Lets first see, what Kurt has to offer. As I've already said, I would be
interested in a 3C505 ethernet card, an 8 bit video card (a 1280x1024
card would be great), a WD7000V-ASE controller and 8MB RAM cards for the
DN3500.

supervinx

Feb 23, 2012, 4:48:41 PM2/23/12

> Lets first see, what Kurt has to offer. As I've already said, I would be
> interested in a 3C505 ethernet card, an 8 bit video card (a 1280x1024
> card would be great), a WD7000V-ASE controller and 8MB RAM cards for the
> DN3500.
>
> Lothar

We're lucky !
You are looking for things I have already ! ;)

--
http://www.supervinx.com/Retrocomputer

Kurt Nowak

Feb 24, 2012, 12:54:40 AM2/24/12
Lothar,

I have all of those things and I would be happy to help you out...Let
me test them all and figure out what shipping would be. Can you email
me your address? Oh and do you have a scsi disk and a scsi tape drive?
Remember, if you have an archive card/tape, it cannot coexist with the
WD7000V card...

Do you have a keyboard/mouse? You will need them because your serial
output wont work anymore with the video card. I have plenty of
keyboards...

Thanks,
Kurt
email: kurt.m...@banana.gmail.com (remove the fruit)

Kurt Nowak

Feb 24, 2012, 1:04:43 AM2/24/12
On Feb 23, 1:48 pm, supervinx <ness...@libero.it> wrote:
Oh and to both of you...if you need spare power supplies for the
DN3/4XXXs, I have plenty...

I have been playing with Apollos all day long and my hands hurt from
pulling cards out! :( I am sorting out the good and bad machines. I
have about 7 DN3/4XXXs that will probably go to the ewaste recycler
because they wont pass self test. I am trying everything I can to get
them to at least show up on the serial output. I am also currently
running FBS overnight to hopefully fix some disks. We'll see how that
works out in the morning! Apollos are VERY time consuming!

supervinx

Mar 3, 2012, 2:26:46 PM3/3/12
Hi, Kurt !
I need two photos: one of the ATR hub and another of an ATR cable
connectors, just to recognize them if I find them somewhere (not over the
rainbow ;) )

Thanks !

--
http://www.supervinx.com/Retrocomputer

Jim Rees

Mar 4, 2012, 7:55:46 PM3/4/12
On Mar 3, 2:26 pm, supervinx <ness...@libero.it> wrote:
> Hi, Kurt !
> I need two photos: one of the ATR hub and another of an ATR cable
> connectors, just to recognize them if I find them somewhere (not over the
> rainbow ;) )

There is no such thing as an ATR hub.

I cound't find a photo of the cable you want, but here is the cable
that goes to a wall socket:
http://www.computerhistory.org/collections/accession/X1166.94B

And photo E26 here shows the BNC end of the cable you want, to the
left of the switch:
http://www.umich.edu/~archive/apollo/photo-gallery/index.html

The cable you want has the DB connector from the first photo connected
by a short cable (20cm?) to the BNC block from the second photo.

Kurt Nowak

Mar 5, 2012, 2:37:06 AM3/5/12
Well, I will just have to prove you wrong, Jim! :) Maybe you've never seen this beast. Its about 24" long by about 5" X 5" and can accommodate 4 ATR cables that have special bayonet connectors at the end. Here is a pic that i grabbed off my phone...Its sitting on the window sill. In the pic its only hooked up to kiel, a DN4500 (displayed on the sun monitor), which is the partner node about to give a disk an FBS which is being displayed on A DEC VT console to the left... I have lots of cables for the hub, but alas only one hub! I will post some more closeups of the hubs...

http://barstow.sunzoo.org:8080/Apollo-pix/Apollo-test-room.html

The o-scope is just for show... ;-)

Kurt Nowak

Mar 5, 2012, 2:43:31 AM3/5/12
Yeah, those pictures that Jim posted are of the same type of cables I have, with the bayonet mounts. I guess your right, Jim...the box I have isn't technically a "hub"..its totally passive electronically, but it sort of functions like a hub mechanically...It also has a pair of BNC connectors at the end to connect the rest of your ring.

On Sunday, March 4, 2012 4:55:46 PM UTC-8, Jim Rees wrote:
On Sunday, March 4, 2012 4:55:46 PM UTC-8, Jim Rees wrote:

arnoud...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2017, 11:38:27 AM12/17/17
Op zondag 19 februari 2012 04:14:01 UTC+1 schreef Kurt Nowak:
> Anyone have the following two manuals? pdfs would be fine too
>
> Domain/OS System Administration Guide (019001)
> Domain/OS System Administration Reference (019208)
>
> Preferably for SR 10.4
>
> Bitsavers.org doesnt have either of them...
>
> I successful installed 10.4 from tape (thanks Jim Reese) on my AA node
> but now I am a little stuck with the post installation part..for
> instance, I cant log in as root, because I am guessing that the
> registry hasnt been set up correctly. I can only log in as
> user.none.none.none
>
> Thanks!
>
> email (remove the fruit):
> kurt.m...@apple.gmail.com

Going through the hardcopies i have (and making that list finally). Did not find the ones you are looking for :
# A4 box
008788-A00 Getting started with Domain Software Engineering Environment pdf
008860-A02 Installing Domain Software with Apollo's Release and Installation Tools pdf
005801-A00 BSD Programmers Reference pdf
002547-A00 Aegis Command Reference pdf
007196-A00 Domain/OS Call Reference (vol1) pdf
002348-R04 Software Release 9.2 Getting started with your DOMAIN System pdf
011418-A00 Domain/OS Display Manager Command Reference pdf
011242-A00 Domain Documentation Master Index pdf
011022=A00 Using your SysV Environment pdf
011717-A00 Making the Transition to SR10 TCP/IP pdf
008667-A00 Using TCP/IP Network Applications pdf
011021-A00 Using Your Aegis Environment pdf
012888-A00 Domain/OS Call Reference (vol2)
005799-A00 SysV Programmers Reference
015213-A02 Using the X Window System on Apollo Workstations
010414-A00 Using NFS on the Domain Network
008906-A00 Analyzing Program Performance with Domain/PAK
012275-A00 Programming with SysV STREAMS
012276-A00 Getting Started with SysV STREAMS
012205-A00 Programming with the SysV Transport Interface
008906-A00 Analyzing Program Performance with Domain/PAK

CADRE teamwork System Administrator Manual for Unix based Workstations rel.5.0

# BIG box
005506-A00 Programming with Domain/OS Calls
000530-A00 Domain FORTRAN Language Reference
005694-A00 Managing Domain/OS and Domain Routing in an Internet pdf
000792-A00 Domain Pascal Language Reference pdf
010264-R00 Domain Software Engineering Environment Call Reference
011774-A00 Printing in the Aegis Environment
011024-A00 Domain Distributed Debugging Environment Reference
003016-R04 Domain Software Engineering Environment (DSEE) Command Reference
002093-A00 Domain C Language Reference pdf
011010-A00 Domain/OS Programming Environment Reference
010853-A00 Managing BSD System Software pdf
010852-A00 Managing Aegis System Software pdf
010852-A00 Managing Aegis System Software pdf
010851-A00 Managing SysV System Software
008543-A00 Configuring and Managing TCP/IP pdf

# BIG box (small binder)
007457-R01 Planning for and Installing the Domain/PCI Connection
# BIG box (big binder)
011895-A00 Managing the NCS Location Broker + PHILIPS DOMAIN/OS NETWORK COURSE

# big (loose) binders
DOMAIN DIALOGUE Student Handout R.2.0 + 004299-R01 The DOMAIN Dialogue User's Guide
ADMINISTERING YOUR DOMAIN/OS NETWORK Student Handout R.1.0

Hans Ostermeyer

Dec 19, 2017, 2:44:17 AM12/19/17

Hans Ostermeyer

Dec 19, 2017, 3:03:28 AM12/19/17