FutureOS with IDE and FAT next year!

Stefan Stumpferl

Dec 10, 2004, 8:30:05 AM12/10/04
Hi!

FutureOS, the fastest OS for the CPC (everybody knows this except
Udo.S...@gmx.net, who is a "gescherter Saupreiß") will become an 16
KB additional ROM next year. This ROM supports the FAT file-system on
Floppy-Disc and every IDE-hard-disc, connected by the CPC-IDE
interface. This interface is running well today, but only few
developpers own and use it. Soon, a big serie will be available. So
everybody can connect any IDE-hard-disc to a CPC for only about 35
Euros.

OS support is given for FutureOS, AmsDOS and Symbos.

For FutureOS there is an MP3-player which will read MP3 files from a
PC-IDE-hard-disc and play them using the MP3 interface for CPC.

The new MP3 interface will also be connected through the expansion
port. So, you have no problems with the 8. printer bit, which was a
must with the old interface.

Ok, Udo.S...@gmx.net will get nothing! But this is its own fault!

Happy weekend!

Stephan Sommer

Dec 10, 2004, 12:00:56 PM12/10/04
Mailtime, TFM!

> FutureOS, the fastest OS for the CPC (everybody knows this except
> Udo.S...@gmx.net, who is a "gescherter Saupreiß") will become an 16
> KB additional ROM next year. This ROM supports the FAT file-system on
> Floppy-Disc and every IDE-hard-disc, connected by the CPC-IDE
> interface.

So I have to sacrifice one more place in my ROM-RAM-Box?

> This interface is running well today, but only few
> developpers own and use it. Soon, a big serie will be available. So
> everybody can connect any IDE-hard-disc to a CPC for only about 35
> Euros.

Do you mean the GIDE Interface or is this a new development?

Lots of fun,
Mr. AMS

Jürgen Strobel

Dec 10, 2004, 2:19:25 PM12/10/04
Hy Stephan, just wait a little bit till Christams, and there will be a nice
present ;)

"Stephan Sommer" <m...@sommer.maxdsl.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Themistocles

Dec 11, 2004, 1:12:22 AM12/11/04
I'm wetting the pants right now. Drooling, even. Give it to the people!

Cheers
Th

Tim Riemann

Dec 11, 2004, 6:11:00 PM12/11/04
Hi all,

Themistocles wrote:
> I'm wetting the pants right now. Drooling, even. Give it to the people!

As I already said - some months ago - give us a bit time, there will be
some news and if there are relevant news about it, it will be shared to
the public. As Tolkin (Odity) already said... we will release some
infos, soon.

CU Octoate

--
Octoate
oct...@cpcszene.de

Stefan Stumpferl

Dec 13, 2004, 12:31:36 PM12/13/04
Stephan Sommer <m...@sommer.maxdsl.de> schrieb:

>Mailtime, TFM!
>
>> FutureOS, the fastest OS for the CPC (everybody knows this except
>> Udo.S...@gmx.net, who is a "gescherter Saupreiß") will become an 16
>> KB additional ROM next year. This ROM supports the FAT file-system on
>> Floppy-Disc and every IDE-hard-disc, connected by the CPC-IDE
>> interface.
>
>So I have to sacrifice one more place in my ROM-RAM-Box?

Yes one of your 32 places of 16 KB ;-) Maybe you will get a graphic
expansion too. Up to now this part is included in RUNC the
runtime-environment for C programs under FutureOS. We will see...

>> This interface is running well today, but only few
>> developpers own and use it. Soon, a big serie will be available. So
>> everybody can connect any IDE-hard-disc to a CPC for only about 35
>> Euros.
>
>Do you mean the GIDE Interface or is this a new development?

No a great new development! Prodatron testet it with data transfer
rates of over 100 KB per second!

>Lots of fun,
>Mr. AMS

Yes and Thanx,