CPC6128 BASIC Program Switcher

Green Steve

Oct 23, 2022, 8:24:53 AM10/23/22
Hi All,

On the CPC 6128 I remember using a utility which could be background loaded like an RSX and then allowed you to load a program, use a special key combination and load another program. You could then use the special key combination to switch between them even with the two programs running. I have the feeling it only worked with Basic programs and it would have been on an Amstrad Action cover tape as I got most of my utility software that way.

If anyone knows it's name or where I can get it my current obsession with it may be quenched. Thanks.

Rayner Lucas

Oct 23, 2022, 7:23:07 PM10/23/22
In article <9813d4e5-4979-493a...@googlegroups.com>,
ami...@gmail.com says...
That sounds like "Flik".

There's a YouTube demo of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
9pkLcWc_GzE.

And here's a download page: https://cpcrulez.fr/applications_util-
flik.htm

There, no more need to be jealous of those fancy Windows users with
their Alt-Tab :-)

HTH,

Green Steve

Oct 24, 2022, 4:52:54 AM10/24/22
Wow, I was not expecting anyone to have heard of this. Thank you, I hadn't thought about this util for 30 years and it just popped into my head!
I remember jokingly telling my Amiga friends that the CPC had very slow multitasking back then. :D

Thanks for the links, very much appreciated.