'Script' Newsletter now available online

Andrew Ferguson

Dec 18, 2016, 8:37:42 AM12/18/16
I just thought I would let this group know that I have just finished uploading all of the issues of the 'Script' newsletter to the Internet Archive, where they are now available for anyone to view and download. It took about six months total to get these uploaded – I scanned them at 1200dpi in order to get the best quality, which not only took several hours per newsletter, but also resulted in around 200GB of files which needed to be uploaded.

The newsletters are available here: https://archive.org/details/locomotivesoftwarescriptnewsletter

If you are going to look at them, and don't need the top quality, I recommend that you use the online viewer rather than downloading the PDFs – because of the high quality it takes quite a few minutes to download and open.

The newsletters really do provide a fascinating insight into Locomotive Software during 1987 and 1991 (at least in my opinion). Also uploaded is a order form from November 87 which provides an interesting reference regarding pricing, etc.

If you have any feedback or questions, just reply to this thread. Also, if you find a mistake in one of the uploads, let me know as well (I checked through them, but no doubt I missed something).

A huge thanks must go to Steve Denson (SD Microsystems) for giving me permission to upload these.

Jacob Nevins

Dec 22, 2016, 6:28:18 AM12/22/16
Andrew Ferguson <andrewfe...@gmail.com> writes:
>I just thought I would let this group know that I have just finished
>uploading all of the issues of the 'Script' newsletter to the Internet
>Archive, where they are now available for anyone to view and download.

Thank you for doing this.

I should get around to doing the same for 'The MicroDesigner' (7 issues,
each 16-24 pages, 1989-1994).

Floppy Software

Dec 25, 2016, 8:23:53 AM12/25/16
Thanks Andrew!

Phil Friel

Nov 30, 2020, 6:17:17 AM11/30/20
Jacob,

Yes Please! It would be really nice to get digital copies of The MicroDesigner. All of these old PCW/CPC publications should be preserved.

Graeme

Oct 25, 2021, 5:27:57 PM10/25/21

Fantastic to see those old newsletters. Well done!