Ron.s Amstrad PCW Page

Ron King

Mar 4, 2015, 3:46:14 AM3/4/15
In 2007 I passed this website over to a third party for hosting, but recently I found that it had gone.

The site was frozen in time in 2007 but I have now republished it, cutting out the dead wood.

Now in my 90th year I no longer have any connection with the old Amstrad computers but hope that the site may still be of use to others.

Best wishes

Ron King

Ron King

Mar 4, 2015, 3:54:21 AM3/4/15
Daft me! forgot to put the new URL. It's http://www.pcwpage.co.uk

Ron King

Floppy Software

Mar 4, 2015, 1:21:12 PM3/4/15
El miércoles, 4 de marzo de 2015, 9:54:21 (UTC+1), Ron King escribió:
> It's http://www.pcwpage.co.uk
>
> Ron King

Thank you very much, Ron!

I'll update my links.

Floppy Software

Nov 8, 2017, 2:34:53 AM11/8/17
The website link is broken.

Is it hosted under another domain or is definitively lost?

Thanks.

Andrew Ferguson

Dec 23, 2017, 10:05:53 AM12/23/17
Unfortunately that website (along with Ron's other websites) all disappeared a few months ago. However, that does not mean that they are definitively lost, as you can still access the old website through the Internet Archive (http://web.archive.org/web/20160520185620/http://pcwpage.co.uk/)

Also, when I was in contact with Ron a several years ago about getting that website back online, he sent me a zip file containing the complete version of the original website. It's different to the one at pcwpage.co.uk, because Ron updated several sections and switched the site to Wordpress, but I think I still have that zip file somewhere.

Phil Friel

Nov 29, 2020, 3:15:02 PM11/29/20
Andrew,

Sorry that this is three years late, but you mentioned that Ron moved to a Wordpress site. Do you have the url? Ron's last post in this discussion is from nearly six years ago. As he was in his "90th year" back then, I'm hoping he's still with us and in good health. Has anybody heard from him recently?

The Internet Archive/Wayback Machine is great for archiving websites. Another good way to preserve a site is to set up a blog on Wordpress.com/ Unlike a self-hosted blog, it won't disappear if the author gives up on it and the webhosting service deletes the site. I have a few abandoned blogs on both Wordpress.com and Blogspot/Blogger. They've been there for years, most of them more than a decade. I don't know if either Google or Automatic have a time limit on abandoned blogs before they delete them, but if they have, it must be a VERY long one.

Andrew, did you ever find that zip file of Ron's original site? If you did, I'd really, really appreciate it if you could let me have a copy.

Thanks in advance.