Looking for Video or Audio computer files that could be d/l before 1990

gateway

Nov 10, 2003, 8:35:10 PM11/10/03
My name is Steve and I wanted to catch your attention about a company named
Acacia Research that has a patent that they are INTERPRETING to claim the
process of downloading audio or video files from a (web) server.

We are looking for anything related to the Amiga that before 1990 people
could download audio or video samples from BBS, ftp, Compuserv or any other
place you could download files and play them back on your computer. We have
been looking at the NewTek Demo Reel 3 which was submitted in the year 1989
and are looking for places where this could have been downloaded this. IF
you know of a ftp site, BBS or ran one of these and can verify this Reel was
able to be downloaded that would be of great help. Or if you know of any
other audio or video files we could look at as well that would help.

There are two things we need to prove.

A. Video or Audio that was downloadable from a source that could be played
on a computer prior to 1990

B. We need to be able to verify this location actually had this file for
download.

Some Info here:
http://www.siliconinvestor.com/stocktalk/msg.gsp?msgid=19206505

They have sent out "information packets" and "Final Notice" letters to
companies warning about infringement on their patent and to pay a licensing
fee for the use or linking to any audio/video content on the web.

Scanned Letter Here:

http://www.cd-media.net/acacia/acacia01.jpg

The reason that I am contacting you is because in my personal search for
prior art to assist defendants against Acacia's claims, I have found that
you might be a good source for prior art or may be able to point me to
sources of prior art.

To invalidate the patent claims, the prior art needs to have a date stamp
before 1990.

I am assisting the efforts of http://www.FightThePatent.com to bring
awareness and to help find prior art.

A listing of types of prior art being sought is at
http://www.FightThePatent.com/v2/Searching.html

Some sample prior art that has been found is at
http://www.FightThePatent.com/v2/Squirt.html

This Acacia patent (abuse) issue is very concerning to all webmasters who
have audio or video. Any assistance that you can provide would be greatly
appreciated.

pbde...@spamnuke.ludd.luthdelete.se.invalid

Nov 18, 2003, 1:01:45 AM11/18/03
In comp.sys.amiga gateway <gat...@tietze.com> wrote:
>My name is Steve and I wanted to catch your attention about a company named
>Acacia Research that has a patent that they are INTERPRETING to claim the
>process of downloading audio or video files from a (web) server.

These modules were downloaded before 1990:
-rw------- root/wheel 127530 Jul 13 04:53 1989 ./Root/Comm/DL/mod.Above-Ground-rw------- root/wheel 159968 Sep 20 19:20 1989 ./Root/Music/M2/MOD.Boingbumchak
-rw------- root/wheel 116076 Dec 30 19:20 1989 ./Root/Music/M2/MOD.Axel_F
-rw------- root/wheel 89660 Mar 19 19:40 1989 ./Root/Music/M2/MOD.Pushit
-rw------- root/wheel 116400 Sep 3 20:50 1989 ./Root/Music/Mb/MOD.Miami-theme
I have however no log from where they came. It's however different BBS's in
the westcoast area of Sweden at the time.

A module is a number of samples + "midi alike" control that makes up music.

/P