Looking for quartz 7.159090 MHz (1084 Monitor)

Linards Ticmanis

Aug 7, 2001, 2:12:36 PM8/7/01

I'm currently in the works with converting a 1084S Monitor from PAL to
NTSC. I've already got it to work with NTSC 4.43, but to make it eat
"real" NTSC (NTSC 3.58) I need a 7.159090 MHz quartz crystal. This
crystal was used in NTSC 1084 and 1084S Monitors and probably also in
some other NTSC video monitors and NTSC TV sets. The frequency is
exactly twice the standard NTSC color burst frequency of 3.579545 MHz.

Unfortunately it is almost impossible to get in Europe, and since I
don't have a credit card I can't easily order stuff from America.

If you have one or two of these quartzes left over, for example from
non-working 1084 monitors, and want to further the Commodore cause, I
would pay a nice price for it, plus shipping of course.

On the 1084(S) main PCB you should find the quartz in the front half,
about in the center, next to the chip marked IC 501 which should be a
Philips (sp?) TDA 4570. It is easy to find, there are no other
quartzes on the PCB as far as I know, and there are few chips.

***!!! CAUTION: Don't open a monitor case unless you know about
high(!) voltages and the necessary precautions. Even if it has been
powered down for a while (up to a few months) high voltages can
sometimes still be present in the case. Don't blame me if you get
electrocuted. !!!***

--
Linards Ticmanis

"Heaven is Best if viewed with Microsoft Internet Explorer"
(from "Children of God" sect homepage.)