GVP Midi cable Spec

Aaron n Terri

Apr 1, 2002, 10:36:40 PM4/1/02
I have a GVP I/O card and want to build a midi cable for it. The docs
state there are two serial ports, 1 par and a midi. The midi port is a
db9, but I have no specs for how to build a cable for it. I only want
midi in and out. I don't need midi thru.

Does anyone know the proper connections?

Best regards,
Aaron R>

BlitterEnd

Apr 2, 2002, 8:05:17 PM4/2/02
Hi Aaron,

Long time no talk. I don't know if you have the book that came with your
I/O card but if you do you should look at the bottom of page 3 where it
says:

"The MIDI option connector is not a MIDI standard DIM connector. It is
intended for use only with our MIDI expansion unit, which provides
numerous DIN connection possibilities."

Looks like they wanted more money from people that wanted to use MIDI.
GVP had a habit of not giving much information on their stuff so it
might be quite hard to track down what you are looking for.

--
Email: Blitt...@yahoo.com
* Member Team AMIGA *