How to make floppies from .ADF files? (I looked on Aminet!)

Blake Patterson

Oct 25, 2000, 12:18:46 AM10/25/00

I just searched Aminet's compression section and do not see any prog.
that will extract .ADF files out onto floppies, on the Amiga. I saw one
file that was a graphical front-end for 'ADF' but not the app itself.

Can someone point me in the right direction?? Thanks!

bp

Patrick Ford

Oct 25, 2000, 2:52:37 AM10/25/00
Blake Patterson wrote:

> I just searched Aminet's compression section and do not see any prog.
> that will extract .ADF files out onto floppies, on the Amiga. I saw one
> file that was a graphical front-end for 'ADF' but not the app itself.

Enter search string: adf

26 files matching 'adf'.
adf2disk11.lha disk/misc 3K 181 Write .adf on amiga disk drives
adf2fms.lha disk/misc 2K 147 Transfer ADFs to FMS device
adfblitzer.lha disk/misc 23K 4 A program to write & read adf-files!
ADFlib.lha disk/misc 205K 73 A GPL C lib to manage .ADF files. v0.7.8a
ADFLibPPC.lha disk/misc 239K 73 ADFLib and UnADF Amiga binaries (PPC)
tequilla.lha disk/misc 190K 83 Writes Amiga Disks from Amiga Dos Images (AD
TransADF.lha disk/misc 97K 107 Makes Compressed ADFs (G/PKZip). v4.0.46
TransADFGUI.lha disk/misc 22K 98 GUI for TransADF for uncompessing ADF/Z
UnADF.lha disk/misc 13K 35 V1.2, Extract files out of DOS ADF files.
adfm_v2.lha misc/emu 5K 34 [2.10] it's for ADF files from UAE.
uae-app_015.lha misc/emu 39K 78 UAE-ADF Mount+Unmount Workbench-Interface
Packmaster127.lha util/arc 152K 34 GUI for ADF,D64,LHA,RUN,LZX, DMS,ZIP,MIME,UUE

Now what couldn't you do that?

+ =================================+
Patrick Ford
Auckland, New Zealand

Harvesters, send spam directly to:
ro...@127.0.0.1
abuse@!--#echo var
news.admin.ne...@myriad.alias.net

Eelke Blok

Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/25/00

Patrick Ford <pa...@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message

> Blake Patterson wrote:
>

> > I just searched Aminet's compression section and do not see any prog.
> > that will extract .ADF files out onto floppies, on the Amiga. I saw one
> > file that was a graphical front-end for 'ADF' but not the app itself.
>
> Enter search string: adf
>

> 26 files matching 'adf'.

Ouch. He must feel really silly, now ;)
--
Eelke Blok, Enschede, The Netherlands
http://home.student.utwente.nl/e.blok ICQ: 19514933

Duncan Snowden

Oct 25, 2000, 10:53:27 PM10/25/00
On Wednesday, Patrick Ford wrote:

> Blake Patterson wrote:
>>
>> I just searched Aminet's compression section and do not see any
>> prog. that will extract .ADF files out onto floppies, on the Amiga. I
>> saw one file that was a graphical front-end for 'ADF' but not the app
>> itself.
>
> Enter search string: adf

[snip]

> Now what couldn't you do that?

Heh. :-)

I find the simplest way is using the Device-Handler (also on Aminet,
also find-able via a search); just "copy foo.adf DEV:DF0".

--
Duncan Snowden.

Chris Young

Oct 29, 2000, 1:51:25 PM10/29/00
Stranded in the middle of a field, Duncan Snowden <dun...@snowden.abelgratis.com> lit a fire and sent
out the following smoke signals. It somehow ended up in comp.sys.amiga.misc:

> I find the simplest way is using the Device-Handler (also on Aminet,
> also find-able via a search); just "copy foo.adf DEV:DF0".

I use xfs (on Aminet) along with the FILE0: mountlist. Press a couple
of keys, select the ADF and use it just like a floppy. Excellent!

Chris
--
Unsatisfactory Software - "because it is"
http://www.unsatisfactory.freeserve.co.uk